2. RETAIL According to Kotler: “Retailing includes all the activities involved in selling goods or services to the final consumers for personal, non business use”. In other words, Retailing is the sale of goods and services to the ultimate consumer for personal, family or house hold use .
3. ORGANISED AND UNORGANISED RETAILING Organised Retailing refers to trading activities undertaken by licensed retailers, that is, those who are registered for sales tax, income tax, etc. These include the corporate-backed hypermarkets and retail chains, and also the privately owned large retail businesses.
4. Unorganised Retailing Unorganised retailing, on the other hand, refers to the traditional formats of low-cost retailing, for example, the local kirana shops, owner manned general stores, paan/beedi shops, convenience stores, hand cart, etc
5. Unorganised Retailing
6. Organized Retailing
7. Some of the Key Players inOrganised Retail
8. Share of Organized Retail
9. INDIAN RETAIL SCENARIO AT A GLANCE According to the report, Indian retail sector accounts for 22 percent of the countrys GDP and contributes to 8 percent of total employment. Indian retail industry (organized as well as unorganized) spreads over more than 6 million outlets (2.4 million urban and 3.6 million in rural). As much as 96 per cent of the 6 million-plus outlets are smaller than 500 square feet in area. Just over 8 per cent of India’s population is engaged in retail (compared to 20 per cent in the United States).
10. INDIAN RETAIL SCENARIO AT A GLANCE The BMI India Retail Report for 2010 says that the total retail sector is approximately US$ 353 billion. Indias retail sector is estimated to touch US$ 833 billion by 2013 and US$ 1.3 trillion by 2018. The organized Indian retail market is slated to grow at a CAGR of 40%, touching US$ 107 billion by 2013.
11. Growth in Indian Retail
12. Pantaloons Retail India limited India’s leading retailer. Pantaloons - a chain of fashion outlets. serve customers in 85 cities and 60 rural locations across the country through over 15 million square feet of retail space. Revenue 6,019.00 crore(US$1.14 billion). Employees14,000 Website Pantaloon.com Key people Kishore Biyani, (MD & CEO)
13. Pantaloons Allahabad Inaugurated on April 23, 2010 at Vinayaka city centre mall. The store is spread over two floors in an area of 19,000 sq.ft. Projected target for pantaloon Allahabad in the year 2010 to 2011 was 10 crore, and achieved target was 19.2 crore. Target Monday-Friday= 3-4 lacs Target Saturday-Sunday=7-8 lacs Store manager- Sunil Raj pal
14. Products available at Pantaloos Apparels Non Apparels1. Mens formals and Casual wear. 1.Bags2.Ladies Ethnic and western wear. 2.Watches3.Kids Wears. 3.Sunglasses4.Sports wears. 4.Perfumes 5.jewelry 6.Shoes
15. Brands Available at pantaloons(Men) Pantaloons Brand Group Brand Non Pantaloon (pantaloon + Indus lg.) brand 1.Bare 1.Deniel Hetcher Turtle 2.Lombard 2.Scullers Celio 3.Ajile 3.Indigo Nation Fossil 4.Jm sports 4.Urbana Nike 5.Rig 5.Lee cooper Adidas 6.UMM 6.Jealous 21 7.ALL 7.UrbanYoga
16. Brands Available at pantaloons(women)Pantaloons brand Group brand NPTAkkriti Blue Diamond RemanikaTrishaa Lee cooper 109FRangmanch Urban yoga BibaHoney MohenaBlue DenimAnnabelle
17. Customer loyalty programme Pantaloons provides free green cards for the customers. Strategy to retain the customers.
18. Green card offers benefits:Pantaloons green card offers benefits: Instant discounts Complimentary Parking Complimentary Home Drop (after alterations) Relaxed Return Policy (90 days) Complimentary shipping across India Exclusive Sale Preview
19. Discounts for green card membersCard status Shopping discounts1 star 0- Rs7000 5% on friday3 star Rs 7000-Rs28000 5% daily+5% on Friday5 star Rs 28000-Rs 40000 7.5% daily+5% Friday7 star < Rs40000 10% daily+ 5% Friday
20. End Of Season Sale
21. References Retail management by Arif Sheikh & Kaneez Fatima. www.pantaloons.com www.wikipedia.com www.google.com.