PRESENTED BYASHRAFUL HODA
As hraf ul . hoda01@ m l . c om
• Directing is a process in which managers
instruct, guide & oversee the performance of
workers to achieve goals.
• Directing consists of process by which
instructions can be carried out as planned.
Guiding & directing efforts of employees to
accomplish stated work outputs.
It is a complex force starting & keeping
person at work.
It is a process of influencing behavior of
others to work willingly for achieving goals.
It is the transfer of information, ideas &
thoughts between people.
Controlling consists of verifying whether
everything occurs in conformities with plans
adopted, instructions issued & principle
• Controlling measures deviation of actual
performance from standard performance,
discovers causes of deviation & helps in taking
corrective action .
• Controlling has two basic purposes
1. It facilitates coordination
2. It helps in planning.
Related with planning
Control at all levels in business
Acceptability to those who enforce decisions
Balance between objectivity and subjectivity
Coordinated with planning organizing and leading
• Co-ordination is an orderly pattern of group
efforts to ensure unity of action in pursuit of
It is the task of blending activities of
individual and group efforts to maximize
contribution towards the accomplishment of
• It is not a distinct function but the very
essence of management.
• It is basic responsibility of management and
can be achieved through managerial function .
• It Does not arise spontaneously .
• It involves fixing the time and manner of
• It is an dynamic process.
• Efficiency and effectiveness.
• Unity of direction.
• Human relations.
• Quintessence of management.
• Decision making is a key roll of any leader in
• To make right decisions , you must be
PROBLEMS IN TAKING DECISIONS
• Fear of failure.
• Lack of clarity.
STEPS OF TAKING
ASSESS THE IMPLICATION.
EXPLORE DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES.
GET CLEAR ON IDEAL OUTCOME.
WEIGH UP PROS AND CONS.
DECIDE AND ACT.
• Thus we can conclude that Directing ;
Controlling ; Coordination & Decision
Making are the key factor of
• They are the 4 basic pillar of any