1. Are you Male or Female?From Looking at my results I can see most of the audience may befemale but there will be some males. Male 7 Female 13
2. How old are you? The majority of the audience will be ages 16-19 as that age group was the majority, so that will be my target ages. There were some older and younger but not many so i don’t think it will be as popular with them ages. My magazine will show this through the designs and the layout so it will be suitable for 16- 19 year olds.
3. How often do you buy magazines? Most people said they would buy magazines monthly. From looking at these results I have chosen to make my magazine monthly also, so I will try to make it effective to appeal to the target audience.
4. Would you pay over £2.00 for a magazine? In my initial ideas I chose to price my magazine at £2.20 and the majority of people said they would pay over £2.00 so this is a reasonable price to use as people are willing to pay this amount. Yes 14 No 6
5. What is your favourite colour?People’s favourite colours varied but the most popular colours where:Red, Purple and Pink. To appeal to my target audience I will try andincorporate these colours.
6. What colours do you associate with the Indie genre? Why?When I asked this question I found the most popular colours were:Black, Red, White and Blue. When I create my magazine I will try toincorporate these colours into the magazine as this is what the targetaudience associate with the genre.
7. Who are your favourite Indie bands?A number of different bands and artists proved popular, so I willtherefore try to use a number of them. The most popular was Museso I will try to use this in my magazine.
8. What type of regular articles do you like? Why? The most popular regular article type was Reviews for reasons like ‘To find the best music.’ and ‘To see other people’s opinions.’ so I will try to use types of reviews in my magazine so it appeals to the target audience.
9. Do you prefer more Articles or Interviews? Why?The most popular feature article type was interviews so I will try tohave more interviews so I will have more interviews than articles inmy magazine to make it more appealing to the target audience.
10. What typography do you associate more with Indie magazines?The most popular font was Century Gothic so I will try to incorporatethis into my magazine as this what people think this typography bestconnotes the Indie genre, so it may be more effective than otherfonts.
11. What words do you associate with Indie music?When I asked people what words best represent Indie the mostpopular answers were: Independent, Beats and Music so I will try anduse some of these words in my title to try and connote the genre.
12. What do you dislike about the music magazines you currently read? When I asked people what they disliked about magazines the most common one they disliked was that they are not relatable enough. I will try to make my magazine as relatable as I can so it will appeal to more people.
13. What do you like about the magazines you currently read? When I asked people what they liked about magazines the most common answer was the content and Interviews so I will put more interviews and make the content appealing to the target audience. s w In es ie rv i or te St ue Tr
14. Why do you buy music magazines?The main reason people buy magazines is because their favouriteartist or band is on the cover. From looking at these results I can seebuy having popular bands or artists somewhere on the cover it willappeal to target audience.
15. Would you subscribe to a magazine?The majority of people said they wouldn’t subscribe to a magazine soI do not think I will make people able to subscribe to my magazine aspeople wouldn’t respond to it. Yes 9 No 11