4. Problem at hand● Client wants there content to run seamlessly on all devices● Major devices – desktop browser, ipad, iphone, windows, BB, Android phones and tablets.● Content should be accessible in online and offline mode.
5. Different kinds of device apps● Native apps● Web app● Hybrid app● Cross platform apps
6. What does it take to make an native app● Android (Java)● IPhone (Object C)
7. Data types● Static● Dynamic● Device capability based
8. Existing Assest● UI and behavior already present using web technology. (HTML5, CSS and JS)
9. Possible Solutions● Make native apps specific to each platform. Complexity : Too much effort and diffcult to provide same experience on all devices. No reusability of code.● Cross platform native app with UI driven by web technology.
10. How to make hybrid app● PhoneGap PhoneGap is a free and open source framework that allows you to create mobile apps using standardized web APIs for the platforms you care about. (http://phonegap.com/)
11. How PhoneGap works
12. But .. You need to know a bit of native platform
13. Test your app for :* Performance* Responsiveness* Usability* Error handling* Memory