1. Lack of Persistence1. Lack of PersistenceMore people fail not because they lackknowledge or talent but because they quit.The total secret of success lies in two words,persistencepersistence and resistanceresistance. Persist in whatmust be done and resist what ought not to bedone.
When problems seeminsurmountable, quitting seemsto be the easiest way out……
Winners are struck but notdestroyed. We all have hadsetbacks in life. Failing does notmean we are failures.
2. Lack of Conviction2. Lack of ConvictionPeople who lack convictiontake the middle of the road;and guess what happens inthe middle of the road?You get run over.
People withoutPeople withoutconviction do not takeconviction do not takea standa stand. They go alongto get along becausethey lack confidenceand courage.
They conform in orderto get accepted evenwhen they know thatwhat they are doing iswrong. They behavelike part of a herd.
3. Rationalizing3. RationalizingWinners may analyze but neverrationalize. That is a losers game.Losers always have a book full ofexcuses to tell you why they could not.
• Im unlucky• Im born under the wrong stars• Im not good looking• I dont have contacts• I dont have enough money• The economy is bad• If only I had the opportunity• If only I didnt have a familyThe list can go on andThe list can go on andon…….on…….
4. Not Learning from4. Not Learning fromPast MistakesPast Mistakes
Some people live and learnSome people live and learn, andsome only live. Wise people learnfrom their mistakes.
People who do not learn lessons fromhistory are doomed. Failure is ateacher if we have the right attitude.Failure is a detour, not a dead end.Failure is a detour, not a dead end.It is a delay, not a defeat. Experienceis the name we give to our mistakes.
5. Lack of Discipline5. Lack of DisciplineAnyone who hasaccomplished anythingworthwhile has neverdone so withoutdiscipline.
Discipline takes self-control, sacrifice, andavoiding distractions andtemptations. It meansstaying focused. Steamdoes not move the engineunless it is confined.Niagara Falls would notgenerate power unless itwere harnessed.
6. Poor Self-Esteem6. Poor Self-EsteemPoor self-esteem is alack of self-respect andself-worth. It leads toabuse of ones self andothers.
People with low self-esteem areconstantly looking for identity. They aretrying to find themselves. Ones self isOnes self isnot to be found but to be created.not to be found but to be created.
Idleness is like rust that eats into the mostbrilliant metal.Idleness and laziness are consequencesof poor self-esteem and so is makingexcuses.