Control Compliance Suite is a modular solution, comprising of seven key components.These components are fully interoperable and available separately or as part of the broader suite. Key infrastructure capabilities available with all modules include a unique and highly scalable data framework to normalize and analyse large volumes of data, customizable Web-based dashboards and reports, and workflow integration with remediation ticketing systems.Symantec™ Control Compliance Suite Risk Manager conveys the impact of IT risk in business-relevant terms. You can work with business leaders to identify IT risk thresholds, assign ownership, and track risk reduction over time.Symantec™ Control Compliance Suite Policy Manager simplifies policy management with out-of-the-box policy content for multiple mandates, automatically mapped to controls and updated on a quarterly basis.Symantec™ Control Compliance Suite Standards Manager is an industry-leading configuration assessment solution designed to evaluate if systems are secured, configured, and patched according to standards.Symantec™ Control Compliance Suite Vulnerability Manager performs end-to-end vulnerability assessment of Web applications, databases, servers, and network devices, delivering a single view of security threats across your IT infrastructure.Symantec™ Control Compliance Suite Assessment Manager simplifies the evaluation of procedural controls by providing automated Web-based questionnaires. These questionnaires can also be used to evaluate overall employee security awareness.Symantec™ Control Compliance Suite Virtualization Security Manager allows you to confidently take advantage of the benefits of virtualization without worrying about degrading your security or compliance posture.Symantec™ Control Compliance Suite Vendor Risk Manager allows you to actively assess and monitor your vendor risk exposure to safeguard your sensitive data and reduce overall business risk.
Symantec Control Compliance Suite
Symantec Critical System Protection completely protects vSphere, the leading virtualization platform for building cloud infrastructures. Symantec’s ability to protect vSphere is a competitive advantage against all key competitors. It is a single solution to harden virtual and physical servers that works well for any regulated industry where a company is required to demonstrate compliance. Open the conversation with any VMware customer by asking the question: “What are you doing to protect the Hypervisor?”
Protecting Critical Systems with Symantec
Protecting Critical Systems with
Presales Specialist - Security
• What is a Critical System?
• Symantec Critical System Protection
• Common Customer Requirements
• Use Case
Symantec Critical System Protection secures physical and virtual
• Restrict application and OS behavior
• Protect against zero day threats
• Monitor approved applications
Defends physical and virtual servers.
• Monitor and protect physical and virtual data centers
• Provide granular, policy-based controls
• Use host-based intrusion detection (HIDS), intrusion
prevention (HIPS), and least-privilege access control
– Microsoft Windows
– Sun Solaris®
– Red Hat® Linux
– SUSE Linux
– IBM AIX®
– VMware ESX Console OS
Black Hat Conference 2012
- A “Capture the flag” event
- Unpatched Windows 2003 server
- Running several vulnerable applications,
- Protected by Symantec solutions. – SEP & CSP
- More than 50 skilled hackers
- The Symantec protected systems remained hack-proof
Use Case: VMware Customer
• Target Segments: Financial Services, technology.
public sector, manufacturing, healthcare
• Business driver: Moving business onto the cloud
to lower capital and operating expenses.
• Potential Background: Building cloud
infrastructure using vSphere.
• Feature: Symantec Critical System Protection
completely protects vSphere. It is a single solution
that protects the ESX and ESXi Hypervisors and
vCenter as well as Windows and non-Windows
guest virtual machines.
• Outcome: Physical and virtual servers are
hardened and secured from attack.
• Key Question: “What are you doing to protect the
– Critical systems need extra security
– There are multiple opportunities for this product to be positioned.
– Physical Security
– Virtualisation Security
– Legacy & Non-Legacy System Security
– Broad Platform Support
– Proven Technology from Market Leading Security Vendor