2. Go to www.twitter.com and create your account. Just press ”Sign Up”. It´s free.
3. Do what the screen says! But make sure, that you choose a good, recognizable username. Obvious and safe choice = name of the archive You can´t have spaces and unusual charachters in the name. Only one twitter-account pr. e-mail is allowed.
4. Nothing wrong here! But you have to be human in order to get a twitter-account. Just type the captcha-words you see - and you´re fine!
5. Find interesting accounts to follow and find friends. You can also skip this and do it later!
6. Yay! Your archive now has a twitter-account! Let´s customize it! - press ”Profile”
7. Choose a good, characteristic and recognizable picture. It´s a good idea to use the same picture on all social networks. Fill out the forms – and press ”Save” if you like it. Let´s look at the design, press ”Settings” and ”Design” ....
8. Try out some of the possibilities - or make your own background. Tip: Use a picture in 1920 x 1200 pixels. Use logo, special colors, letters etc. that you also use elsewhere
9. OK – your page is finished! Time to start tweeting – what do all the weird signs mean?
10. Twictonary Tweet = a twittermessage Follower = someone following your account RT = reetweet, forwarding another persons tweet @ = reply to or mention another twitter-user # = hashtag makes it easier to follow a subject (like #followanarchive) List = collection or group of accounts that you and others can follow DM = direct message, only visible to sender and receiver you have to follow each other to send DM´s .
11. Example RT @My_archives: we are also part of #followanarchive This is a retweet This is the account, that originally sent the tweet This is the original tweet by the account My_archives When using the #followanarchive the tweet becomes visible to all who follows tweets with this tag. They will see it even if they don´t follow your account
12. Tips Don´t spam about visiting, products you sell, etc. Be present and answer when someone @´s you Give credit using @ when you retweet Patricipate in activities such as #ff, #museummonday, or make your own! It´s OK to listen more than you tweet Follow your followers Make it easy for others to share your content (use a sharebutton) Try out different tools
13. Tools www.twitterfeed.com & www.dlvr.it will feed your RSS to Twitter www.tweetdeck.com , www.hootsuite.com & www.seesmic.com are tools, which will help you manage the streams (# and accounts you follow). They make tweeting much easier and more organised. Download and try them out to find the one that suits you. www.twuffer.com Is a Twitter-buffer, that scedules your tweets. www.twitpic.com & http://twitc.com assist you in sharing photos etc. on Twitter.
14. HAPPY TWEETING on #followanarchive, Nov. 12 th. 2010