A MARKETING PROJECT ON SOY MILK
-Health with Soy brings you joy!
Soya Agro PVT Limited
Soya Agro Pvt Ltd produces soybean products like –
• Soya paneer (tofu)
• Soya nuggets
• Wheat soy flour
• Soya nuts
Soya Agro is an environmental friendly company which uses advanced
technology and instrumentation to manufacture healthy food items.
Soya Agro's headquarter is situated in Delhi and has satellite branches in
Soy D-lite is Soya Agro's new product in an existing product category
which has numerous health benefits.
To be leading producer of Soy products with dedication
to nature and through innovativeness we continue to
diversify the range of our products to contribute to the
health and well-being of our customers.
To be India’s Premier Soy Products Company
offering nutritious and superior quality health drinks to its
customers. By 2016, we aim to achieve 30% of market
share being the best in terms of consumer values, customer
service and employee welfare for consistent and predictable
What is Soy Milk ?
Why consume Soy Milk?
Why we chose this Product ?
Segmentation and Target Market
MILK PRODUCED FROM
DAIRY NON DAIRY
WHAT IS SOYA MILK
Beverage made from soybeans.
Made from whole soybeans or full-fat soy flour.
Contains about the same proportion of protein as
cow's milk: around 3.5%
A traditional staple of Asian cuisine, it is a stable
emulsion of oil, water, and protein
Unsweetened and contains sucrose as the basic
1. Health concern:
does not cause insulin dependent diabetes
No lactose content; so lactose intolerant people can
Improve lipid profile
2. Purely vegetable source as it obtained from
3. Absence of hormones in the Soy-Milk
WHY SOYA MILK ???
Factors driving demand
WHY SOYA MILK ???
Factors driving demand (contd..)
4. Rich in isoflavones content
5. Promotes healthy living :
Helps reducing weight
Helps in skin sustenance and growth
People less prone to allergic reactions
6. Staple food with high nutritional value
High protein content
High calcium content
7. Cheap than alternate non dairy milk products
Key Factors that influence customers when buying Milk Products
NAME STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES
Staeta Promotes healthy lifestyle
and alternative staple food
Only 1 litre packaging available
Sofit high brand value as marketed
Marketed only in selected
outlets without any advertising
Silk Available in many flavors. More focus on taste rather
Soy Fresh Meets the US FDA heart
More emphasis on regional
spread at a cheaper rate in
Often they compromise in
quality while trying to sell at a
cheaper rate than the
competition market rate.
Age distribution of survey respondents Chart shows gender ratio of our survey.
People who know about Soy Milk. Different sources from which people get to
know about Soy Milk.
People who like Soy Milk. People who tried flavored soy milk.
People who like flavored milk.
Preference of choice by people.
Rating of Soy Milk
Flavors liked by the consumers
People who would love to try Soy Milk.
Tier 1 cities
High population density areas
Age –above 20
Gender – Both Male & Female
Family – Doesn’t matter
Income – Doesn’t Matter
Personality – No
Lifestyle – Yes
Value – Yes
Attitude – Yes
It is also a healthy alternative to dairy milk and can be consumed as a complete
substitute for dairy milk.
Advertising on health & wellness
Power-packed nutritional beverage
Good packaging and distribution
Soya milk a new & exciting concept
Strong network of the parent company means good availability
Strong leadership and management team of the company has lead to initiatives
and products that are reputable and usually well received by customers.
Being an untouched market, there is a wide scope of growth.
Unusual taste as compared to ‘normal’ milk.
People view it as a different and alternative product, which
is partly due to India’s strong dairy culture.
People have a perception that Soy Milk is inferior in
nutritional values as compared to normal dairy milk.
Non-traditional marketing strategies
Currently, the market has no advertisements for Soy
Milk – EASY PROMOTION
Can focus it as a nutrient rich beverage
Less number of Competitors at National level
• Already established milk products in India who can
leverage on their distribution network
• Weaker distribution network in India because of which
it might lose out on sales even after strong marketing
• Milkmen still cater to a major portion of the market in
People who are-
• Health Conscious
• Lactose Intolerant
• Don't use or consume animal products of any kind
• Want to lose weight without compromising on the nutritional
deficit caused due to dieting.
• In the Upper middle class to higher income segment
• Live in the Tier 1 cities
• In the age group of 20 and above
• Soy D-Lite is a hundred percent agro based product made from fresh soybeans
and will be marketed by Soya Agro Pvt Ltd.
• Brand Name : Soy D-lite
• Obtained from the liquid extract that is left behind when soaked soya beans are
grinded and then strained.
• Rich source of proteins and suits people of all ages.
• Packaging –
• Will launch in 250ml tetra packs and 500ml tetra packs.
• Labeling –
Will go for Persuasive labeling to attract the consumers to try Soy Milk
• Being a new comer in the market with health conscious people
which generally include middle to higher income segment
population as target market, the price of our product will be on
a higher side as compared to the usual cow milk.
• The price will be slightly lower than our competitors for easy
penetration in the market.
• For 250 ml tetra pack – Rs. 20
• For 500 ml tetra pack – Rs. 45
Product will be manufactured at a plant near Bhopal in Madhya
-As Madhya Pradesh is the main soya cultivation area, procuring
the material would not be difficult and will be purchased locally.
Soy milk being a perishable product will be transported by road to
Delhi ,Mumbai and Pune.
Our product lies in the introduction phase
of the PLC.
•In the first year we expect low
sales, mainly driven by innovator
•We expect there to be lower margins in
the first year.
•Main objective is to gain consumer
awareness and shelf space initially.
•We will use selective distribution.
•Dealers will be given discounts and
attractive offers to endorse our product.
•All this along with heavy sales
promotion will give us the necessary sales
• As we are in the introduction phase , our objective is to create
awareness about the product through informative advertising.
• Hoardings in public, use of TV commercials, print media, radio
advertisements and through web marketing.
• Inform people about the product by organizing events, sample
distribution in supermarkets.
• Through tie-ups with gyms and health centers.
• Target of capturing 5% of the market share within 2 years and 20% by 2017.
• After two years, we will extend our market to other Tier-I cities and to Tier-II
cities after 5 years.
• We will introduce some international flavors like cappuccino and malt in the