Presented byAPURBA KUMAR NASKAR
Tanishq is India's largest, most desirable and fastest growing jewelry brand
Started in 1995, Tanishq is the jewelry business group of Titan Industries Ltd
- promoted by the TATA group.
Titan's jewellery business had reported a turnover of Rs 7,064 crore for
Tanishq has set up production and sourcing bases with through research of
the jewelry crafts of India.
Located at Hosur, Tamil Nadu, the 1,35,000 sq. ft. factory is equipped with
the latest and most modern machinery and equipment.
Vision & Mission
To be a world-class, innovative, progressive organization and to build
India’s most desirable jewelry.
The Training and Education provider and coordinator for
Recognised and respected as an organisation for excellence and trusted
leadership of the Jewellery Industry.
Ethics and Industry conduct for the Jewellery Industry
Total customer orientation
Performance culture and teamwork
Creativity and Innovation
Passion for excellence
• Plain gold jewelry, studded gold jewelry, Platinum
jewelry, silverware-product range and solitaires.
• 22K, 18K and 9K pure gold ear rings, bangles,
chains, rings, nose pins etc.
• 1st & the only jeweller-guarentees at the store
• Claim and deliver quality
• Built trust based on the same
• Gold meters- check gold purity
• Established as ethical player in the market
• Differentiating factor –experience & quality in store
• Frequent new and unique collections to cater
to variety seeking customers
• Full fledged design studio and largest design
team in the country
• Each piece is designed by team of award
• Adjudged the most admired jewelry brand in
• Breath taking jewelry- contemporary with
Products starting from Rs 600 …
Valentines day collections from Rs 2000 …
Attractive offers –up to 25% off
All day Diamonds from Rs 1960 …
• Advertising : Through print media, social
media and television
Concept stores –
“Revitalizer of Tradition”
Segmentation & Postioning
• Niche Marketing
• Positioned – international brand for Indian elite
• Since 1997: Mass marketing
Satisfy tastes of all regions
Transpose designs-Bengali in Delhi ….
• Psychographic segmentation
Lifestyle – Working women
• Same product and target market
• Change in image of product
• Product Repositioning :
• Product – modified
to make it more acceptable to its target
to serve the customer needs effectively
Jewellery and Diamond
White Collar, Educated
Unbranded jewellery as
well as high quality
Local Shops like
Sia Jewellers for
Blue Collar, Skilled
PURITY AND A
• Design and retail innovation have been the
hallmark of Tanishq all these years.
• First and only jeweler who guarantees the
purity of its gold jewellery and certifies the
quality of its diamonds and colored gems
• It has established itself as a highly ethical
player in a market that was rated as
having the highest incidence of under
karatage (Bureau of Indian Standards).
• They even have gold meters where one
can check the purity of gold.
• Tanishq also has been positioned as a branded
jewellery of luxury rather than commodity. It
moves jewellery beyond investment to the
fashion and adornment sector.
• In order to compete with the regional players,
Tanishq introduced the concept of “consistency in
• Tanishq is known for its ability to develop
specialized design collections.
• It is the only jeweler that houses a full-fledged
design studio with a team of several international
award winning Indian designers.
MARKETING MIX :PRODUCT
• PRODUCT VARIETY:
Based on Tangibility
• Tanishq Diamond
Based on Experience/Occasion
• Tanishq wedding collection
Colors of royalty
• Strong backing of the Titan Industries of the
Tata Group and TN Govt.
• Standard gold pricing
• Award winning designs
• Competitive prices
• Caters to all market segments with sub-brands
• Has its presence in over 83 Indian cities
• Negative perception – Brand was only for
• Strong labor union
• Expanding to global markets
• 99% of potential Indian gold market
• Competition from traditional jewelers
• Increasing gold price affecting the low end