The Five Categories1. Good tutor practices2. Prior to tutoring3. At the beginning of tutoring session…4. Throughout the tutoring session…5. At the end of the tutoring session…
1. Good Tutor Practices• Check your messages frequently and reply promptly to students.• Call the APlus50 if you have to miss a session.• Log into the assigned tutoring session on time.• Wait 15 minutes before marking a student as a “no show”.• All communications must be done through the platform. No personal contact information may be shared.• Be kind and patient while working with students.• Encourage students by providing positive feedback regarding performance .
2. Prior to Tutoring• Introduce yourself to new students and remind them about the materials you need from them.• Remind the student to upload their syllabus and assignment to the platform.
3. At the beginning of the tutoring session…• Review ALL whiteboard tools and upload function with new students.• Welcome the student when the student signs into the tutoring session and ask the following questions: ▫ What is it you want to learn from this session? ▫ Do you have a test? ▫ Do you have a specific course assignment to be completed? ▫ Have you uploaded your course syllabus and other documents needed for this session?
4. Throughout the tutoring session…• Encourage students by providing positive feedback regarding performance .• Do not just give answers, help students find the answers on their own.
5. At the end of the tutoring session…• Remind students to complete the survey after the session is complete.• Review and complete you session report immediately after the session is complete.• Offer to schedule additional sessions for the student.• The tutor should provide one positive outcome for the student.• The tutor should identify areas of concern about the student’s work, and suggest to the student “These are items which can be covered in your next session.”• The tutor should identify areas of concern about the student’s work, and suggest to the student “These are items which can be covered in your next session.”
APlus50 by Academics Plus®, Inc. 706 North Berkeley Blvd. Goldsboro, NC 27534 1-855-701-7587 firstname.lastname@example.org