View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
ANTHONY K. ZANDER
Detroit, MI 48204
Cell Phone: (313) 575-8149
Masters of Public Policy; Policy Analysis
University of Michigan
Expected Graduation: June 2011
Bachelors of Arts; Public Affairs/ Political Science
Wayne State University
(Academic Deans List, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences)
Michigan State University
College of Natural Science – Human Biology
P ROFESSIONAL E XPERIENCE
American Red Cross: 2000 to Current
Quality Supervisor: American Red Cross; Detroit, MI
Use analytical methods to evaluate effectiveness’ of processes, develop written directives, and perform system
reviews to determine impact to governing policy. Provide oversight to all systems & processes. Facilitate Process
Improvement Projects and perform internal audits.
• Utilize quantitative and qualitative analysis to evaluate effectiveness of new processes.
• Represents as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) at conferences.
• Lead large multifunctional area process improvement projects.
• Within a cGMP environment, performs and ensures performance of all duties in compliance with standard
operating procedures and policies, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Federal Drug Administration (FDA), and
other applicable Federal, State and Local laws.
• Serves as central interface to develop best practices.
• Compiles information for Investigation & Analysis Reports.
• Creates, develops, and approves policies and Local Operating Procedures (LOPs).
• Provides support and guidance to other regions throughout the nation.
• Regional Administrator of regional systems.
• Proficient in SAP Business Objects platform, Pilgrim SmartSolve, and other advanced software programs.
Government & Community Affairs: American Red Cross; Detroit, MI
Plan and conduct initiatives that aid organizational goals by working with governmental and community bodies.
Responsible for analyzing and interpreting government initiatives, then make recommendations based on the impact to
the organization. Liaise with community leaders, committees, and events to drive forward the mission of the
• Representative for government affairs with government officials (all levels), civic bodies, research agencies and
• Monitors proposed legislation and regulations for possible impact and effect on the organization.
• Analyzed and interprets results of studies, and prepares reports detailing findings, recommendations, or
• Speakers Bureau – Public enlightenment of the American Red Cross and its public agenda. Educating the
community of the American Red Cross’ goals and needs. Make recommendations as to how, where, and what
format will produce the greatest gain for the organization. Meet with groups to educate them on the issues
regarding the Red Cross in attempt of obtaining their assistance as they feel most comfortable.
• African American Leadership Council (AALC) – A group of African American community leaders set to
implement strategies to address the needs of the African-American community.
*Continue to reverse side*
Quality Analyst IV: American Red Cross National Headquarters; Washington D.C.
Reviewed, analyzed, and reported on quality discrepancies related to regulatory procedures. Responsible for
identifying nation-wide procedural data pertaining to blood and blood product manufacturing. Assisted in developing
technical and regulatory documents that govern national procedures; using problem solving and team facilitation
abilities, technical writing experience, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Assess national system wide data to monitor (potential)trends and facility performance issues.
• Provide support/guidance to 40 Red Cross regions as needed.
• Compile, assess, prepare data driven reports for senior management.
• Focal Review for pending directives and work instructions.
• Departmental controller/representative of the Problem Management System.
• Identify and report “leading” quality indicators to senior management.
P ROFESSIONAL Q UALIFICATIONS & C ERTIFICATIONS
• American Society of Quality (ASQ) certified
• Six Sigma Green Belt Training
• Stat-A-Matrix Problem Solving Methods, I and II
• Proficient in project/problem solving methods
• Master Trainer of New Systems and Processes
• Management review of Directives of national programs
O RGANIZATIONS & A CTIVITIES
• Big Brothers Big Sisters, Metro Detroit – Ambassadors Board, Big Brother/Mentor
• American Red Cross – Government Affairs Task Force
• Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
• American Red Cross – Volunteer
• Committee On Temporary Shelters (COTS) – Volunteer
• Center of Academic Excellence in National Security Intelligence Studies
T ECHNICAL S KILLS
Proficient using Business Objects and databases (SPSS, Access), Pilgrim SmartSolve, and all Windows and Apple
Systems, Microsoft Office.
*Continue to reverse side*