3/26/2014 compton computers pvt. ltd. 2
•Benetton Group is a global fashion brand.
• Benetton family who founded the company in 1965.
• Benetton has a network of over 6,500 stores in 120
• Benetton Group is one of the best-known fashion
companies in the world.
• 1st store in Belluno and 3yrs after in Paris.
3/26/2014 compton computers pvt. ltd. 3
• Compton Computers Pvt. Ltd. is one of the leading IT
Solution Provider & System integrator in India.
• Compton has been in this industry from the last 17
years and with it comes 17 valuable years of customer
• An ISO 9001 certified company with Core expertise in
designing IT Solution around Structured Cabling,
Wired & Wireless Networks, Server Solutions, Storage
and Backup Solution, Data Security and Surveillance.
3/26/2014 compton computers pvt. ltd. 4
• Compton has done many turn-key projects, where it
has integrated end-to-end solutions and won many
awards for its work.
• At Compton we concentrate on understanding our
clients requirements, design his solution, integrate
complete solution for him, optimize it and then put a
proactive management approach. Right from
designing, integration, optimizing and managing
Compton follows a methodological approach
complying to all ISO standards.
• CRN xcellence Award- Best Private Cloud Deployment
in SME’s 2013
• CRN Xcellence award- Among India’s Best System
Integrators for the year 2012
• Emerson presents Critical Difference Partner Award.
• CRN Xcellence award- Top solution provider- server
and storage –north 2011
• CRN Xcellence award top solution provider-server and
storage –north 2010
• CRN Xcellence award-top integrated solution provider-
north zone 2009
3/26/2014 compton computers pvt. ltd. 5
•Understand security services required by UCB.
•Be aware of vulnerabilities and threats.
•Realize why network security is necessary.
•What are the elements of a comprehensive security
3/26/2014 compton computers pvt. ltd. 6
Network security architect has following problems:
1. Data loss/theft
2. Content filtering
4. Intrusion detection
3/26/2014 compton computers pvt. ltd. 8
It is an error condition in information system in which
information is destroyed by failures or neglect in storage
, transmission or processing
• power failure- multi power circuits with battery back
up and a generator.
• software and hardware failure- journaling file system
and RAID storage.
3/26/2014 compton computers pvt. ltd. 9
A device or software application that monitors network or
system activities or policy violation.
1. Signature based detection
2. Statistical anomaly based detection
3. Stateful protocol analysis detection
3/26/2014 compton computers pvt. ltd. 10
A system or group of system that enforces an access
control policy between two networks
3/26/2014 compton computers pvt. ltd. 11
1. Opening unsolicited e-mail attachments without
verifying their source and checking their content first.
2. Failing to install security patches especially for
microsoft office , microsoft internet explorer.
3. Installing screen savers or games from unknown
4. Not making and testing backups.
5. Using a modem while connected through a LAN
3/26/2014 compton computers pvt. ltd. 13
Have strong password
Use good anti viral product
Use good cryptography
Have good firewall
Have a back up system
Audit and monitor system and network
Have training and awareness program
Test your security frequently
3/26/2014 compton computers pvt. ltd. 14
• Provides user identity based network security
• It offers:
- network security solution
- Centralized security management
- Centralized visibility
• Global network security appliances provider, with a global
presence spanning more than 125 countries.
• We offer:
3/26/2014 compton computers pvt. ltd. 15
Why is our solution best
It is a UTM (Unified Threat Management)
It can act as a gateway level anti-virus
Intrusion detection and prevention can be done
very effectively by using Cyberoam
VPN and other benifits
3/26/2014 compton computers pvt. ltd. 16
3/26/2014 compton computers pvt. ltd. 17
FEATURES CR 300ING-XP CR 500ING-XP
1. Max. no. of available ports 14 24
2. Copper GbE ports 6 8
3. Firewall Throughput(UDP) 12,000 18,000
4. Firewall Throughput(TCP) 9,500 16,000
5. New sessions/seconds 85,000 1,00,000
6. Antivirus throughput 2,600 3,500
7. IPS throughput 2,400 4,500
8. WAF protected throughput 900 850
9. No. of IP sec. tunnel 400 1,000
• The Internet works only because we implicitly trust
• It is very easy to exploit this trust
• The same holds true for software
• It is important to stay on top of the latest security
advisories to know how to patch any security holes
3/26/2014 compton computers pvt. ltd. 19