1. • The article describes Foursquare as a service with a friendly graphical user interface and which takes advantage of networking tools and GPS• Can add value to places visited, by recommendations and sharing to friends
2. • "The top 10 things to do" in a city is one of the most popular uses of Foursquare• Users can trust tips given by people in their own network• Foursquare is a low cost but effective marketing tool
3. • Big companies like Pepsi, use it.• Although the number of Foursquare users is not very high yet, the simple design, networking possibilities and people’s will to compete can make it very popular
4. Business Model Strengths WeaknessesOpportunities Threats
5. Strengths• An important advertising and impressing technique in the market – Foursquare for merchants – Foursquare for brands• Cost cutting• Influences of hyper local and tech savvy people
6. Strengths• Making offers, rewards, etc.• Game functionality• Automated CRM data• Sync with Twitter and Facebook
7. Weaknesses• Lack of popularity• Slow grow and expansion in the market• Weak promotion• Limited to mobile devices
8. Weaknesses• Fake check-ins• Negative comments about the place
9. Opportunitiesü It’s getting more and more popular.ü The shift to the online world.
10. Opportunitiesü People like to share their actions in social networksü People are attached to their mobile devices.ü Foursquare is a whole new different social network that attracts more customers.
11. Opportunities ü People do not need a ”smart phone” to post
12. Threats• Lack of interest• Competition• Technology trends• Social trends
13. Case Study:Louis Vuitton
14. Case Study:Louis Vuitton
15. Case Study: TLC
16. ConclusionFoursquare’s advantages far outweigh its weaknesses, thus making it anefficient marketing tool that businesses can and should consider in their marketing endeavors.