Do you have questions about Safety? Contact the Installation Safety Office 353-7085/7079 https://www.facebook.com/FortWainwrightSafety
THE FORT WAINWRIGHT INSTALLATION SAFETY OFFICE
By: Robert Tanner 20 September 2013
That is what seems to happen a lot around here. On an average week there are
about 75+ citations for violations on Fort Wainwright. I just don’t get it. How hard can it
be to do the right thing? Here are some things to ask yourself.
1. Are you wearing your seatbelt?
2. Are you speeding ?
3. Are you following the traffic laws?
4. Texting? Cell phone use?
5. Is your car in good working order?
6. Have you been drinking?
7. What about drugs or medications? Any of that in your system?
8. Do you have the proper documents? i.e. Proof of insurance, drivers licence,
9. Last but not least…Are you supposed to be driving? You would not believe
the number of individuals pulled over with a suspended or expired license!
When you ask yourself these questions, keep in mind…
Is it really worth the money? The misery? Jail time? Is it worth killing yourself or
someone else? Slow down, and obey the rules of the road. Its just the right thing to do.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
What’s your destination?