• is a group of ready-made shapes
that includes basic shapes, such
as rectangles and circle, plus a
variety of line and
arrows, flowchart symbols, stars
and banners and callouts.
• is a text-styling feature that is
available in the Microsoft Office
• It allows users to create stylized
text with various "special effects"
such as textures, outlines, and
many other manipulations that are
not available through the standard
• DRAW BUTTON-A pull down menu with
several drawing options
• SELECT BUTTON-Changes the pointer to
a selection arrow
• AUTOSHAPES BUTTON-A pull down
menu with several libraries of shapes
• LINE BUTTON-Draws a line where you
click and drag. Hold the Shift key down
to make the line straight
• ARROW BUTTON-Inserts a line with an
arrowhead where you click and drag
• RECTANGLE BUTTON-Draws a rectangle
where you click and drag. Hold down
Shift to draw a square
• OVAL BUTTON-Draws an oval where
you click and drag. Hold down Shift
to draw a circle
• TEXT BOX BUTTON-Draws a text box
where you click and drag
• INSERT WORDART BUTTON-Create
text effects with Word Art
• INSERT CLIP ART BUTTON-Insert a clip
• INSERT PICTURE FROM FILE BUTTON-
Insert a picture or replace a selected
picture with a new picture.
• FILL COLOR BUTTON-Add, modify, or
remove fill color from a selected object
• LINE COLOR BUTTON-
Add, modify, or remove line color
• FONT COLOR BUTTON-Formats the
selected text with the color you click
• LINE STYLE BUTTON-Changes the
thickness of lines
2 Ways to Insert
1. On the insert menu, point
picture, and then click Word Art.
2. Or in the Drawing Toolbar Click the
Word Art Icon.
Note : If the WordArt toolbar or the
Drawing toolbar are not
displayed, point to Toolbars on the
View menu, and then
click Drawing or WordArt
How to Insert WordArt?
1. Click the WordArt icon in the
2. Then WordArt Gallery will appear.
3. Select a desired WordArt.
4. Type the word.
5. Finally, click OK.