• Covering of Neurocranium.
– Supraorbital margins Anteriorly.
– Highest Nuchal Line Posteriorly.
– Down to the ears at the sides.
S = Skin.
C = Connective Tissue.
A = Aponeurosis With Muscles.
L = Loose Areolar Tissue.
P = Pericranium.
• Skin –
– Hairiest & High concentration of Sebaceous glands.
– Insertion of Muscle fibers.
– Adhered by Connective tissue underneath to the
Muscles & Aponeurosis.
– Nerves & Vessels run in this layer.
• Occipitofrontalis = Occipitalis & Frontalis
• Intervening Aponeurosis = Epicranial aponeurosis
= Galea Aponeurotica (Ex. Occ. Pro + Nuchal lines)
• Occipitalis Frontalis
• Highest nuchal line Front of aponeurosis
• Into the Aponeurosis Orb. Oculi+ Eyebrow
Post. Auricular N Temporal N.
• Beneath the Muscle & Aponeurosis, Loose areolar tissue.
• Subaponeurotic space extends down beneath
Orbicularis oculi into the eyelids.
• Bleeding anywhere beneath the aponeurosis.
• Pericranium – Periosteum of the Vault.
Loosely attached to the bone.