• He is also on the1. International advisory boards of Mitsubishi Corporation.2. The American International Group,3. JP Morgan Chase4. Rolls Royce5. Monetary Authority of Singapore.
• Mr. Tata joined the Tata group in 1962.• After serving in various companies, he was appointed Director-in-charge of the National Radio and Electronics Company in 1971.• In 1981, he was named Chairman of Tata Industries, the group’s other promoter holding company, where he was responsible for transforming it into a group strategy think- tank, and a promoter of new ventures in high technology businesses.
• Tata companies have differing geographical imperatives.• The regions are North America, UK, China, the Netherlands, Germany , South Africa, members of the Gulf Cooperation Council, Brazil, Vietnam, Thailand and Sri Lanka.
Tata products and services for consumers• Agriculture • Holiday homes• Appliances • Hotels• Automobiles • Housing• Beverages • Jewellery• Charter flights • Leather• Crockery • Retail• DTH television • Solar appliances• Telecommunications• Watches and clocks• Financial services
• "One hundred years from now, I expect the Tatas to be much bigger than it is now. More importantly, I hope the group comes to be regarded as being the best in India — best in the manner in which we operate, best in the products we deliver, and best in our value systems and ethics. Having said that, I hope that a hundred years from now we will spread our wings far beyond India..."• — Ratan N Tata
2010• TRF acquires UK-based Hewitt Robins International• New plant for Tata Nano at Sanand inaugurated• Tata Tea announces joint venture with PepsiCo for health drinks• Tata Tea group rebrands itself as Tata Global Beverages, headquartered in London• Tata Chemicals launches i-Shakti dals, Indias first national brand of pulses
2011• Tata Coffee and Starbucks sign MoU for strategic alliance in India• The Tata brand soars into the top 50 club of global brands• Tata Medical Center, a comprehensive cancer care and treatment facility established in Kolkata, was inaugurated by Tata Sons Chairman Ratan Tata• The Tata Nano begins international journey in Sri Lanka and Nepal• Tata Consultancy Services ranked world’s 7th greenest company in Newsweek’s Green Rankings 2011 global 500 list• Jaguar celebrates 50 years of iconic E-Type car• Tata Steel completes centenary of its first blast furnace• Tata BP Solar becomes wholly owned Tata company
Leadership qualities of Tata Simple Hard working Motivating Inspirational Individualistic
• 2010• Business Leader of the Year• Honorary Doctor of Laws• Legend in Leadership Award• Businessman of the Decade• Federation of Indo-Israel Chambers of Commerce.• Honorary Doctor of Science
Ratan Tata was a terrific combination of thefour necessary leadership characteristics –character.commitment.competence .courage.
Revenue• The total revenue of Tata companies, taken together, was $83.3 billion (around Rs3,796.75 billion) in 2010-11, with 58 per cent of this coming from business outside India.• Tata companies employ over 425,000 people worldwide.
• Tata companies have always believed in returning wealth to the society they serve.• Tata companies also extend social welfare activities to communities around their industrial units.• Tata companies are building multinational businesses that will achieve growth through excellence and innovation, while balancing the interests of shareholders, employees and civil society.