View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Reaching Consumers When and Where They Want “ Newspapers have broadened their reach by growing their audience’s news consumption from a print-only readership to an online edition, knowing that internet savvy users are sometimes only consuming news online.” Charles Buchwalter, VP Client Analytics, Nielsen/NetRatings
Percent* Increase in 25-34 Demographic Newspaper Web Sites Extend Reach of Key Demographics The Desert Morning News ( Salt Lake City) 48.9 % Daily Herald ( Arlington Heights, Ill.) 46.3 % Tribune-Review ( Pittsburgh) 42.8 % The Tampa Tribune 36.7 % The Boston Globe 30.8 % The Hartford ( Conn.) Courant 29.7 % The Star-Ledger ( Newark) 26.8 % The San Diego Union-Tribune 26.0 % The Salt Lake Tribune 25.6 % The Seattle Times 25.1 % Newspaper Source: Newspaper Audience Database/Scarborough Research Based on net reach of 5 weekday/1 Sunday print readership vs. 5 weekday/1 Sunday print and 30-day Web usage
Finding: Almost one-third of “non-readers” actually used the newspaper in some way in the past 7 days !
Some “Non-readers” are “Users” Q. “Even though you did not read a printed newspaper in the past 7 days, have you possibly used a printed newspaper in any of the following ways during the past week?” Net = 32% Scarborough Research 2006 Engagement Study
Readers + Users The Printed Newspaper All Adults, Past 7 Days Readers 75% “ Users” 8% Total 83%