4. CONTENTS1 Classes Observed2 As an Observer my experience3 Reflections
5. As an ObserverTeacher: Zach ConradSubject: Mathematics (Algebra)Grade 10
6. I observed………Learning Objectives: Clearly statedLearning outcomes: set by the teacherPhysical Resources: Classroom ambience, stationary &technology related toolsPedagogies Used: Performance task was given during a revisionclass and personal approach.Individualized InstructionStudents were working on the problems given by the teacher,discussing with peers and then discussing with the teacher.Assessment for learning:1.Complete the problems correctly2.Help their peers3.Discuss solution with teacherApproach :Learner’s Centric
7. ReflectionThe lesson objectives and expectations were notcommunicated to pupils –though they were mentioned in thelesson plan.The teacher has established a very good relationship withpupils.The class was rather quiet & passive – some passive kidscould have been checked (learning environment)Modelling could have been used to help pupils recall & learnduring revision class.Although the teacher checked & discussed with individualpupils but he could have addressed the common problems inthe class.
8. I went to observe Mr.Rufus’s ClassTeacher: Rufus EmmanuelGrade: 7Subject: Science No. of students: 13
9. What I observed…..Lesson Plan – Well structuredLearning Objectives: Clearly statedLearning Outcomes: Well definedPedagogies Used: Learning by doingA group task was given to plan and design a water filter usinggravel, pebbles, sand and an empty coke bottles.Assessment for Learning:1.Plan and make water filters in groups – Analyze and reflect ontheir design - Self assessment2.Comparison to their peers design –Grade each other’s filteraccording to their peers design. – Peer Assessment3.In Class –Teacher’s assessment
10. Outdoor activity
11. Teacher pours the water that needs to be filtered
12. Self Assessment
13. Peer Assessment
14. Teacher’s Assessment
15. Learning by doing………We learn by doing..
16. Reflection• Strong lesson planning• Learning objectives and expectations werecommunicated to pupils• Learning activity was successfully launchedand analysis based on each group’s workcatered needs of different learning styles.• AFLs: Self assessment, peer assessmentand Teacher’s assessment.• Teacher Talk Learners centered, providedenough opportunities to apply newknowledge to something they already know.