● Search engine optimization (SEO) is theprocess of affecting the visibility of a web pagein a search engines search results.● As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engineswork, what people search for, the actual search terms or keywords typedinto search engines and which search engines are preferred by theirtargeted audience.● Optimizing a website may involve editing its content, HTML and associatedcoding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to removebarriers to the indexing activities of search engines.● SEO is an unpredictable area. Techniques that worked great until recently mayalready be history today, after some troublesome algorithm update fromGoogle.
● Webmasters began optimizing sites for search engines in the mid-1990s.● Initially, all webmasters needed to do was to submit the address of a page,or URL, to the various engines which would send a "spider" to "crawl" thatpage, extract links to other pages from it, and return information found on thepage to be indexed.● The process involves a search engine spider downloading a page andstoring it on the search engines own server, where a second program,known as an indexer, extracts various information about the page, such asthe words it contains and where these are located, as well as any weight forspecific words, and all links the page contains, which are then placed into ascheduler for crawling at a later date.
● In the early Internet, search engines displayed in a search result - pages where wasfind the description of the searching word. Since webmasters (owners of sites) madeabuse of this factor, the search engines have made more complex algorithms, whichinclude:● Text between tags <title> and </ title>● Domain name● HTML elements● HTML tags● Frequency of a keyword in the index and global● Keyword synonyms● ALT attributes for images● Post links● Total hyperlinks to and from a page● Quality sites that link goes to a page● Age of website
● SEO consultants often offer SEO as a stand-alone service as part of a largermarketing campaign.● Because an effective SEO may require changes to the source code of thesite is recommended to be included in the initial development and design ofthe site to get to be "Search Engine Friendly".● The term "Search Engine Friendly" is used to describe designs, menus,content management system and the basket of products that can beoptimized easily and effectively.● It is said that Google has over 300 factors in composition results displayalgorithm, which has created many controversies related to SEO tactics.
● Site owners started to recognize the value of having their sites highly ranked andvisible in search engine results, creating an opportunity for both white hat andblack hat SEO practitioners.●An SEO technique is considered white hat if it conforms to the searchengines guidelines and involves no deception.● Black hat SEO attempts to improve rankings in ways that are disapproved ofby the search engines, or involve deception.One black hat technique uses textthat is hidden, either as text colored similar to the background, in an invisiblediv, or positioned off screen.● Search engines may penalize sites they discover using black hat methods, either byreducing their rankings or eliminating their listings from their databases altogether.Such penalties can be applied either automatically by the search engines algorithms,or by a manual site review. One example was the February 2006 Google removal ofboth BMW Germany and Ricoh Germany for use of deceptive practices. Bothcompanies, however, quickly apologized, fixed the offending pages, and wererestored to Googles list.
● A technology "White Hat" recently published is "friendly url". It talks about theformatting in a smart way links to a website from a static structure dynamic form.Thus, a site that contains the domain extension after a structure like:? Title = SEO &action = view be renamed to / view / SEO. This solution is allowed because apacheextension called rewrite and can activate the file system .htaccess. More detailsabout how this feature uses the home address can be found on apache server.● An example could be the following lines that need to write to the file. Htaccess:RewriteEngine on#This rule tells the server that http://www.exemplu.com/articole/web is index.php?cat=articole§=webRewriteRule ^articole/web$ index.php?cat=articole§=web [QSA,L]#or for pages using regular expressions: ([a-z]+) will be $1, ([0-9]+) will be $2 [inorder from left to right]#so, will be: http://www.exemplu.com/articole/web/cum_sa_optimizezi-2.htmlRewriteRule ^articole/web/([a-z]+)-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?cat=articole§=web&pag=$2 [QSA,L]
SEO toolsGoogle Keyword ToolOpen Site ExplorerGoogle CacheWeb SnifferCognitiveSEOSEOmoz Toolbar (Mozbar)SEOBook ToolbarWahanda Canonical Tag ViewerLink CheckerSEOQuakeFlagfoxWord Count Plus
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.