3. We now know that the Universe has been growing since it’s inception.. The time of the ‘big bang’
4. In the past, we simply gazed into the night sky and saw stars. This was the basic of our knowledge; simple and naïve.
5. Then over time we developed sophisticated tools like the HubbleSpace Telescope, we peered deeper into space and found a new world that completely changed the way we saw the Universe
6. Here we have the Social Media Universe – It’s Huge
7. 1.97 Billion Internet Users 2 Billion Youtube Videos Viewed Daily600 Million Facebook Users 50 Million Tweets per day on Twitter
8. Parallel Universes, the existence of multiple realities, has not yet been proven in the physical world.
9. In the Social Media Universe, we have already defined parallel universes - the Western and Chinese Web.
10. Where there is Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. in the West
11. We have Renren, Weibo, Youku, etc. in China
12. Chinese Social Media Universe Fast Facts
13. 457 Million Internet Users 1 Billion minutes spent online daily 231 Million Blog Users 135,000 web videos added daily
14. 364 Million broadband users 100 Million Simultaneous Users on QQ30% growth in e-commerce (2010) 277 Million mobile users
15. Magic by Numbers
16. “What does it all mean?” 2011 2010 Social Media Analytics “Where & when do they say?”2009 2008 Reputation Monitoring 2007 “What do people say?” 2006 Social Intelligence is not simply monitoring but about making meaning
17. Social Media Technologies Leverages computational linguistics (CL)
18. ORComputer Fruit Context, Sarcasm, Irony
19. Where are people What do people talking? think? When and how much do people talk about it? Today’s social media technology
20. How are customers expressing their viewpoints?Competitive analysis More than technology – transformation into analysis
21. In China, censorship has not stopped Social Media but simply changed the players and modified online behavior from the West Chinese online user behavior is different to the West – Chinese are more social, trusting and entertainment oriented Also, impacting business like never before. Companies must look attheir online brand health, online reputation and product promotions Tools & Technologies for providing insights will continue to develop and evolve as businesses move towards being “social spaces” Social spaces will connect sales, marketing, recruiting, support, product development and other business areas 5 Parting Thoughts
22. Thank You! Dr Mathew McDougall| email@example.com Follow on Twitter Facebook @sinotechian www.facebook.com.sinotechian Connect on Linkedin Presentations on SlideShare http://www.linkedin.com/in www.slideshare.net/jarrahbear /drmathewmcdougallCommunity on Facebook Websitewww.facebook.com/digitaljungle www.digitaljungle.com.cn