• Determine where you want to end up – If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will get you there• Set SMART goals – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely• Write them down!• Make a plan and do something daily that gets you closer to your goals – Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. - Robert Collier• ACT! – A goal without action is a daydream. Action without a goal is a nightmare.
• It’s not what you know but who you know• Find mentors• You can’t soar with eagles if you’re scratching with turkeys
• Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. - Thomas Jefferson• Don’t be a victim• Welcome constructive criticism• Reject unconstructive criticism• A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities; an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties. -Reginald B. Mansell
Your Appearance Communication Social NetworkingYou will be judged on these before you are judged on who you really are
• Feel the fear and do it anyway - Dr. Susan Jeffers• Make Mistakes A failure is a man who has blundered, but is not able to cash in on the experience. - Elbert Hubbard• Dont be afraid to go out on a limb. Thats where the fruit is. – H. Jackson Browne• Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it. – Ella Williams
• We learn far more from our mistakes than our successes• I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work. - Thomas Edison
• There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience. - French Proverb• Character is much easier kept than recovered. - Thomas Paine• You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. - James D. Miles• Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein
Its not that Im so smart, its just that I stay with problems longer. - Albert EinsteinNothing in the world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessfulmen with talent.Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.Persistence and determination are omnipotent. - Calvin Coolidge
Success at the expense of faith, family and friends is failure. - Byrd Baggett
You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want. -Zig Ziglar Be a go giver! - Bob Burg
• Never wish that life were easier. Instead, wish that you were better. - Jim Rohn• Sharpen the Saw - Stephen Covey• You are self Employed – Brian Tracy• Good is the enemy of great. – Jim Collins• Who am I to be Brilliant? - Marianne Williamson
You will have bad days.How will you choose to respond?
• You can always make more money, but this moment has passed and is gone forever. You cannot make more time.• Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that the stuff life is made of. – Benjamin Franklin
People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.Love them anyway.If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.Do good anyway.If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.Succeed anyway.The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.Do good anyway.Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.Be honest and frank anyway.The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot downby the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.Think big anyway.People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.Fight for a few underdogs anyway.What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.Build anyway.People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.Help people anyway.Give the world the best you have and youll get kicked in the teeth.Give the world the best you have anyway.