Introduction What is oovoo? ooVoo is a proprietary instant messaging clientdeveloped by oovoo LLC for Microsoft Windows, MacOS. It was released in 2007, and is similar to Skypeand Apple Face time. History of oovoo ooVoo was founded in 2006 by the entrepreneurClayton L. Mathile, based on a technology developedat Arel Communications and Software (FormerlyNASDAQ:ARLCF), a company that was founded in1982 and specialized in remote e-learning andcollaboration solutions.
A. Features of oovoo1. Video call2. Video call recording3. Video messaging4. Instant messaging5. Phone calls6. File sharing
1. Video Call Video call face-to-face anytime with your ooVoo contacts or have a free browser-based online video call with friends who arent on ooVoo yet. Video call up to twelve friends, family members or colleagues at the same time - with video quality thats like being face- to-face in the same room
2. Video call recording Record and store video calls to share or reuse at a later date.
3. Video messaging Video messages up to 1 minute long (5 minutes for a fee) can be recorded and sent to another user, to email or shared on YouTube.
4. Instant messaging Multi-party text chat with its own instant messenger client. IM chat is supported at any time, as well as during a live video call.
5. Phone calls Using ooVoo you can make high quality internet phone calls straight from your computer and save money on international phone calling rates. Phone participants can even be added to ooVoo video calls! Phone calls are paid by credits on your ooVoo account and cost as little as $0.018 per minute.
6. File Sharing Send large files (up to 25MB) to any ooVoo contact quickly and securely. After signing in with the oovoo account, you can go to actions and choose send a file. This is shown in the next slide.
Who uses oovoo?
What you need to use it ?
Webcam Headset Microphone
How to start ?
a. How to download install oovoo?
Windows 1-Run the ooVoo Setup application A window will open asking what you want to do with a file called ooVooSetup.exe. Click Run. 2-Follow the Setup Wizard When the download is done, click on the ooVooSetup.exe file from the IE Downloads window to open the ooVoo Setup application. (Alternatively, you could open it directly from the location you saved it which is typically your desktop). The ooVoo Setup Wizard will appear and guide you through the rest of the installation. 3-Launch ooVoo After the installation has finished, you can open ooVoo at any time by clicking the icon on your desktop or in your system tray.
Mac 1-Install a Java runtime for Mac Lion You may be required to install a Java runtime in order to use ooVoo. Once installed you can continue to download ooVoo. Click Install. 2-Run the ooVoo Setup application A window will open asking what you want to do with a file called ooVooInstaller.zip. Click ‘Download. 3-Follow the Setup Wizard When the download is done, click on the ooVooInstaller.zip file from the Safari Downloads window to open the ooVoo Setup application. (Alternatively, you could open it directly from the location you saved it which is typically your desktop.) The ooVoo Setup Wizard will appear and guide you through the rest of the installation. 4-Launch ooVoo After the installation has finished, you can open ooVoo at any time by clicking the icon on your desktop or in your system tray
Mobile Phones 1- Go to get oovoo in the website 2-press on the APP store In mobile phone downloads which is in the apple mobile phone. 3- It can also be found in Android Market for free download, for other phones.