1. MY HOMETOWN SUSTAINABILITYMUHAMAD AMINURLAH BIN JAMINA128652SungaiBuloh,Selangor
2. URBAN DEVELOPMENT DEFINITIONtechnical and political process concerned with the control of theuse of land and design of the urban environment, includingtransportation networks, to guide and ensure the orderlydevelopment of settlements and communitiesWeb definition:Urban, city, and town planning integrates land use planning andtransportation planning to improve the built, economic andsocial
3. SUSTAINABILITY IN URBAN PLANNINGinvolves research and analysis, strategic thinking, architecture,urban design, public consultation, policy recommendations,implementation and management.A plan can take a variety of forms including:strategic plans, comprehensive plans, neighbourhood plans,regulatory and incentive strategies, or historic preservationplans.
4. SUNGAI BULOHSungai Buloh is a subdistrict (mukim) of Petaling District in the state ofSelangor, Malaysia, bordering Gombak DistrictIt is a 15-minute drive from Sungai Buloh to Kuala LumpurEducation:There are currently 2 major high schools in Sungai Buloh - SMK BandarBaru Sungai Buloh and SMK Bukit Rahman Putra.Accessibility:There is a KTM Komuter station in the middle of Sungai Buloh thatconnects to the Rawang - Seremban line. Currently, plans for MRT fromSungai Buloh to Kajang is under progress.
5. Road Network & TransportationMost of the road networks are 2-lane of roadDuring peak hour many cars on the road lead to the traffic jamCome out with the other option by using the KTMSafe, fast, and can reduce the traffic jamLatest construction on the MRT Sungai Buloh- Kajang line.Due to the population growth,Economic growth,Demand fromthe citizens
6. SlopeMostly flat surfaceLess retaining wall structureThe construction of the household area at the hill area.Maintain the original slope/original platform levelThe original slope was maintained.Achieved the sustainability concept in the construction aspect
7. Drainage SystemDrainage system involves the usage of the u-channel drainEstimated dimension 900mm x 900mmLocate along side of the roadThe flow will discharge to the nearest river-Sungai BulohProblem:Sediment problem cause the river to be shallow-erosionembankment of the river – flood.
8. Flood affected Sg Buloh-Rawang rail stretch ready by 6amSaturday-The Sun-16th september 2011KUALA LUMPUR: The railway tracks and structures at Km366.5between the Sungai Buloh and Rawang stations, which were inundatedfollowing heavy rain last Wednesday, is expected to be ready by 6amSaturday.Following the flood, Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) had toreschedule its Komuter train services, Inter-City services, cargo and theelectric train services (ETS).
9. URBAN DEVELOPMENTEconomic.Increase the economic growth and financial of the local citizensSet up their own businessIndustrial area-factory-plastic, glass, rubberTSB Sungai Buloh- TSB Commercial Centre possesses all thequalities of a prime investment opportunityDevelop by the Dijaya Corperation Bhd.Project overviewType: 3- & 4-storey shopofficesTotal no. of units: 173Built-up: 4,401 - 8,985 sq ft
10. SocialHealth service-Hospital Sungai BulohHospital Sungai Buloh is located about 25km from Kuala Lumpurat Mukim Batu, Daerah Gombak, Selangor. In 1999, thedevelopment of this new Sungai Buloh Hospital (covering 130acres) has been initiated to meet the needs of the growingpopulation and also to reduce the influx of patients at HospitalKuala Lumpur. The new hospital has 620 beds, and will providevarious secondary and tertiary medical services.