Be the first to like this
Review this presentation of Amazon Web Services' (AWS) to learn about the newly-launched ‘HE Portal’, created by AWS, Janet and Arcus Global. The Portal enables users in the Janet community to procure AWS cloud services with new, additional benefits including:
• monthly invoicing (no credit cards required for payment)
• itemized billing, consolidated across users/departments
• billing in GBP, not dollars
• the ability to set spending-limits per user, or by department
• volume-discounts through aggregation across multiple HE institutions
In the webinar you will find out how to sign up to the Portal, and hear a short overview of AWS technologies and how they are being used by universities, researchers and schools around the world, to reduce costs, shorten academic projects, and increase the speed and impact of research. The webinar is aimed at any user in the Janet community (in HE, FE or schools) with an interest in AWS (whether or not an existing AWS user), and at System Administrators who could act as central points of contact for consolidated, multi-user billing.
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.