2. Type Of Documentary:• Mixed – observation, interview, archive
3. Themes:– Virtual vs Reality– How media can make a phenomenon– Feminism– Representation of women– All relates back to the power of the media
4. Narrative Structure:– Single Strand: one story– Closed: doesn’t leave an open question– Non- linear: same interview chopped up
5. Camerawork:– Close up, Medium Close Up, Big Close Up– POV: game, inside the cafe, on websites– Pan: across the cyber cage– Zoom in/out; on magazines– Interviews: framed to left and right, MCU, BCU, CU, tilted frame, man on computer.
6. Mise-en-scene:– Chromakey (green screen) of images of game on screen behind interview– All mise en scene related to games or computers– Front projection: projection on to face of person and background.
7. Sound:– Game music or arcade music– Game sound effects– Music throughout: used as music, bed underneath interviews– Dance music and Madonna music: one woman referred to her– Voice Over: younger male voice- relevance
8. Editing:– Game and film cut together: cutting– Game footage behind interview– One interview the game footage is projected on to background and face– Movie footage behind the interview– Man in television- creator of game: only one edited or interviewed in different way to stand out.– Zoom in on websites– Fast motion going into cyber cage– Repeated use of Lara Croft gun footage: recurring motif.
9. Archive Material– Game footage– Film footage– TV advert- Nike– Jolie interview; stock interview of movie star promoting film company to own and circulate her.– Magazines– Websites– Adverts
10. Graphics– Interview name and relevance; always anchored to the game or Lara Croft– Copyright; Nike– Credits– Titles