2. SharePoint Guidance Package Pattern & Practices System Requirements Reference Implementation Training Management Application Overview Application Structure Design Pattern Architecture Decision Development ActivitiesCustom Content Type Webparts ASPX or ASCX Debugging Deployment Scenarios Affects ExistingApplication Life Cycle New Application Adding New Functionality Functionality Development Tools CAML Query Others
3. Helps architects and developers to design, build, test, deploy, and upgrade SharePoint intranet applicationsArchitectural decisions about patterns, feature factoring, & packaging
4. Windows Server 2003 or later Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 development system (any of the following editions): Standard Edition Professional Edition Team Edition for Software Developers Team Edition for Software Testers Team Edition for Software Architects Team System Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Tools: Visual Studio 2008 Extensions, Version 1.3 Typemock Isolator, version 5.0, to run the Training Management applications unit tests.
5. Training Management Application The Training Management application can be thought of as a combination of use cases and a workflow. This combination includes: Create a New Course Use Case - Create a training course and add it to the list of training courses. Register for a Course Use Case - Register for a training course. Registration Approval Use Case - Approve or reject a course registration. Registration Workflow Implementation - Workflow adds a new registrant to the list of employees that are registered for courses. View the Manager Dashboard Use Case - Manager dashboard. View the Training Dashboard Use Case - Training dashboard.
6. The Training Management application uses three patterns. Model-View-Presenter (MVP) Presenter Class to encapsulate business logic Facilitates the software development technique of unit testing with mock objects Service Locator Centralized Point for registering and looking up different Objects Repository Acts as mediators Querying and Updating SharePoint Lists Repositories simplify the access to list data and provide a layer of abstraction that makes unit testing with mock objects much easier.
8. New Application This is the initial deployment of a new application. All the required artifacts are defined within one or more SharePoint solutions. There are no existing records in the SharePoint All the SharePoint solution content database that could artifacts are version conflict with the elements controlled with a source that are defined by the control system. solution artifacts. The application can ship independently of any authored artifacts.
9. Not Affecting Existing AppBy delivering a new feature that augments the original applicationPackage as new WSS SolutionUse SharePoint feature activation dependencies Same Scope Cross Scope
10. Affecting Existing AppUpgrade Sample Scenario You need to update a content type that is currently used. You need to update a Web Part to a new version. You need to change the logic of a workflow. You need to add or remove a list column on which code logic depends. Two Ways to do the upgrade Upgrade the solution using the command. Retract and redeploy approach Create New Solution and Migrate older May need side by side instance of same list
11. CAML U2U CAML Query Builder. This Windows-based application includes a user interface for writing CAML queries. U2U CAML Query Builder Feature. This is a SharePoint version of the U2U CAML Query Builder tool. It is installed as a feature; developers can use it to build queries directly inside of SharePoint. Stramit SharePoint CAML Viewer. This is a Windows-based application that is similar to U2U CAML Query Builder. CAML.NET. This is a .NET Framework assembly that provides an abstraction to CAML. Developers can use it to dynamically create queries with a set of .NET Framework classes.Other Tools Axceler Pinpoint. This is a SharePoint administration tool. Imtech Field Explorer. The tool allows you to explore properties of the fields contained within the (Site Collection) Content Types and Lists. SharePoint Inspector. This tool can browse the SharePoint farm to object level SharePoint SUSHI. SharePoint Utility with a Smart, Helpful Interface (copy view, bulk list creation) SPDisposeCheck. Checks the assembly that uses SharePoint API STSDEV. Creates a Visual Studio Template for you that can deploy your solutions and web parts.