2. Who are you man?
@AlmogBaku nice to meet ya`
1. Lean entrepreneur
2. CEO at GoDisco
3. Web developer for almost 9 years
3. What are we going to talk about?
• Why traditional CSS is sucks?
• Say hello to Sass!
• How to Sass? (and compass! dah?)
• Sass with Drupal!
4. Why traditional CSS is sucks?
Actually- CSS is awesome!...
5. Without CSS, everything was looks just bad…
6. Why traditional CSS is sucks?
But Sass is just… better!
7. Why traditional CSS is sucks?
Developing is SLOW!
It really messy and hard to understand
Not really reusable
Hard to collaborate
8. What can we do about it?
“I wish we just have a tool to
9. What can we do about it?
10. What can we do about it?
Sass is the awesome one!
Syntactically Awesome StyleSheets
Popularity / huge community
It’s written on ruby
It’s the future!
11. Say hello to Sass
• Actually – sass is dead, but we use in version 2 of sass: SCSS
• SCSS extends regular CSS.. So- you can just paste your old css.
12. Say hello to Sass: Variables
13. Say hello to Sass: Variables
14. Say hello to Sass: Math
15. Say hello to Sass: Math
16. Say hello to Sass: Nesting
17. Say hello to Sass: Nesting
18. Say hello to Sass: Mixin (like functions)
19. Say hello to Sass: Mixin (like functions)
20. Say hello to Sass: Mixin (like functions)
21. Say hello to Sass: Extend
22. Say hello to Sass: Extend
23. Say hello to Sass: Import
Multiple files compiled to one file!
files with underline prefix such as “_components.scss”
will not compile, and will use as asset!
24. Say hello to Sass: Even more!
You do even more!:
25. Say hello to Sass: Compiling
1. Automatic minification
2. Automatic aggregation (using @import)
3. Compiling is really easy!
1. The cool geeky way - using command line
2. Using GUI software such as Scout (yakk!)
26. Say hello to Sass: compiling
27. Awesome right?
28. How to sass?
SCSS is quite simple right?..
But we are hungry for more!..
Compass is a framework for using sass..
Compass allow us to do much more with sass:
1. Cool built-in mixings
2. Automated sprites!
3. Powerful CLI
4. Reset CSS
5. Much more..
31. Compass: mixins
1. Powerful built-in mixins!
2. Built-in mixing are cross-browser!
No need to care about “-moz” or “-webkit”..
• CSS3 mixins:
Border-radius, gradients, text-shadow, box-shadow, opacity, and much more..
Font-types, colors, image dimensions, and much more..
Horizontal list, delimited list, text replacement, and much more
32. Compass: sprites
We can easily make sprites!
33. Da dam!
Susy is an compass plugin
Susy made responsive grids easy!
35. Zurb Foundation
• Foundation is front-end framework
• Built on top of sass/compass
• Help you build fast prototyping
36. Workflow & production
• Compiling is actually easy! just one command
For developing phase:
~$ compass watch
(will watch for every change in your files, than compile)
For production phase:
~$ compass compile -e production --force
37. For Drupal
• With ruby(command line): Just as usual
• Zen theme(theme framework) already use sass!
• Sasson – Israeli open source theme, will help you develop rapid sass
39. Thank you!
Do you define yourself as “pro” developer?
Heard about AngularJs? Symfony2? And all the heavy stuff?
If you’re young, cool guy/pal, and looking for adventures.. We are looking for you!