On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Defenition of Disaster• UU 24/2007 Disaster is incident or sequence of incident that menace or disturb from human live or human subsistence that caused by natural factors and/or innatural factors or human so that cause appear a victim of human, environment injury and psychological effect.• ISDR, 2004 Disaster is seriously disturbance agains the function of a society, in spite of cause generally injury of material for human life, economic or environment and out of human ability to solve with using their own resources.
Type of DisasterAccording to UU 24/2007 about DisasterControlling, type of Disaster consist of : NATURAL DISASTER INNATURAL SOCIAL
Type of Disaster (UU 24/2007)• Naural Disaster is disaster that caused occasion or sequence of occasion that caused by nature itself. Such as Tsunami, Volcano, Flood, Dryness, Storm, Cyclone,etc.• Innatural Disaster is disaster that caused occasion or sequence of occasion that caused by innatural factors. Such as Failed Technology, Failed Modernization, Epidemic, etc• Social Disaster is disaster that caused occasion or sequence od occasion that caused by social accident. Such as Terorism, Social conflict, etc.
Type of Disaster (General)• Geology (Earthquake, erotion, Volcano, etc)
• Hydro-Meteorology (Flood, heavy flood, cyclone, dryness, etc)
• Biology (Epidemic, SARS, bird flu, etc)
• Failed Technology (Nuclear radiation, plane crash, lumpur lapindo)
Management of Disaster According to UU 24/2007Is a sequence of attemps thatconsist of development policydecison that having a risk arisedisaster, critical response,rehabilitation and reconstruction.
Activities in Disaster Management• Prevention• Mitigation• Preparedness• Early Warning• Response• Relief• Recovery• Rehabilitation• Reconstruction
• Prevention is an effort that doing to prevent disaster happening (if possible with canceling disaster) Ex: a. Forbid to Burn a Forest in the field area b. Forbid to mine of stone in steep area• Preparedness is sequence activity that doing for disaster anticipate with organizing and usefull also effective activity. (UU 24/2007) Ex: Prepare Communication facilities, Post Command, Prepare Evacuation Location, etc.
• Early Warning is an effort to give an indication immediately to the society about disaster is possibility will be able. Early Warning must Accesible, Immediate, Coherent and Official.• Mitigation is sequence of activity to minimize an impact that caused by disaster itself. Type of Mitigation: - Structural Mitigation (make a check dam, dam, river dike, etc) - Non Structural Mitigation (Regulation, Training, etc)
• Response an effor that doing as soon as possible if the disaster is happening to protect from the impact that caused by disaster. Such as saving people, assets, etc.• Relief is an effort to give help about complying a basic needs consist of food, cloth, health, water, temporary home, etc.• Recovery is a proccess recovery urgent about people condition who has an impact of disaster with refunction facility. Such as recovery of road, clean water, public health center, etc
• Rehabilitation an effort that taken to help the society repair their home, public facilities, social facilities and reform economic condition.• Reconstruction Middle and long program planning to repair physique, social and economic aspec to return better society life like before disaster happen.
According to each definition above, we can organize the management of disaster step Pre-disaster Disaster Post-Disaster1. Prevention 1. Recovery2. Preparedness 1. Response 2. Rehabilitation3. Mitigation 2. Relief 3. Reconstruction4. Early Warning
I Think that’s allThank You Very Much for Your Attention