Coordinator of Digital Engagement
Texas Tech University
● For each “yes,” give yourself three points.
● For each “maybe,” give yourself two points.
● For each “no,” give yourself zero points.
Are You Addicted to Social Media?
● You have a Facebook account.
● You have a Twitter account.
● You use hashtags in your email.
● You check in on Foursquare, everywhere you go!
● You follow or have a profile for your pet.
● You like your own posts.
● You dream in 140 characters.
● It’s the first thing you do in the morning.
● You update your status while out with real people.
● You share everything.
● Klout becomes your social currency.
What’s it all about?
● Listening to a conversation
● Engaging with stakeholders
● Building relationships
have no idea
should listen to
to respond to
● Argyle Social
● Social Mention
By around 2 am, there were around 17,000
comments on Applebee’s original Facebook
status. Then began the most bewildering move
in corporate social media/public relations that I
have ever witnessed. At 2:53 am, the middle of
the night, whoever manages Applebee’s
Facebook page started making comments on
their status update. In response to the over
17,000 comments, the following statement
appeared — not as a new status update, but as
a comment on the status update.
Next up: Applebee’s starts repeatedly
tagging people in the middle of the night
and repeating their same comment over
and over… and over. It’s now about 3 am
in the morning:
● Responding to Negativity