21 Warren Road
Home: (416) 944-9361 Email – email@example.com
Cell: (416) 452-1462
An accomplished Senior Executive with a broad experience base in general management, business development,
strategy development and customer relationship management – over 20 years of experience in the Professional
Services and Information Technology industries.
• A corporate development executive with superior negotiation and relationship management skills.
• An experienced manager who executes change in large complex and small entrepreneurial organizations.
• A builder of businesses and manager of people, with excellent leadership skills and business-to-business
• A leader who is able to strategically manage the overall success of a business or a major division.
Dell Inc. August 2005 - Present
Dell Inc. and its subsidiaries engage in the design, development, manufacture, marketing, sale and support of
computer systems and services worldwide. Dell offers a variety of services to support its portfolio of enterprise
and consumer products such as infrastructure consulting services, deployment services, training services,
support services, managed services and on-line / hosted services. Dell’s revenues for FY08 were $64.15B and
over 82,000 people are employed worldwide.
Currently the Practice Director, Microsoft Consulting Services for Dell’s Global Infrastructure Consulting
Services (GICS) organization, I am responsible for the development and execution of Dell’s Microsoft-based
consulting services worldwide. In this capacity, I have responsibility for the following:
• Attainment of $127M in revenues for FY10 with growth to over $500M by the end of FY12.
• Design, development and execution of all Microsoft-based consulting offers worldwide including core
MS Server 2008, virtualization, Exchange 2007, Unified Communications, SharePoint Portal Server and
SQL Server 2008.
o Includes both global offer strategy and regional staffing and delivery models (Dell-badged and
• On-going development and management of Dell’s relationship with Microsoft and its key executives and
business units worldwide and within the regions.
o Management of $12M+ offer development, GTM and training budget.
o Coordination of Dell’s hosted and cloud-based offer development strategies with Microsoft.
o Alignment of go-to-market and field-engagement models between Microsoft and Dell’s sales
• Contribute to the overall success of Dell’s $420M Infrastructure Consulting Services organization in
FY10 and the growth of our other consulting LOB’s including Storage, End-User Computing,
Datacenter and Services Management.
As Director, Business Solutions Group for Americas Int’l from 2005 to 2007, I was responsible for all of
Dell’s Managed, Professional and Enterprise Services across Canada and in South and Central America. During
this time, I achieved the following:
• Full P&L responsibility for $87M Enhanced Services Business across Canada and Latin America with
average GM in 2007 of 48%.
o Staffed by over 140 Dell FTE’s plus delivery partners and consultants throughout the region.
• Grew Canadian portfolio of LOB’s by 24% in FY06, 40% in FY07 and a projected 23% in FY08.
o Grew the Managed Services business by 127% in FY07 and the Professional Services business
• Designed and implemented Dell’s Solution Design Centre for the Americas with responsibility for all
solution qualification, design, pricing and review with clients.
o Staffed by a dozen senior architects and engineers in both Canada and Latin America (Mexico)
• Designed Dell’s Strategic Partner Program for Canada resulting in a smaller number of strategic partners
generating higher margins for Dell and delivery satisfaction for Dell’s customers.
• Led a number of key customer wins including a $12M Managed Deployment contract with TELUS in
2006/7 and a national Exchange 2007 migration with CanWest Communications during the same period.
• Established the framework for the Microsoft regional consulting services organization throughout the
Americas, including the USA, and participated in the delivery of this strategy to Dell’s Executive
Leadership Team (ELT) and achieved the approval for this project to move forward.
Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto May 2004 – March 2005
Gilda’s Club is a community-based not-for-profit centre for people (men, women and children) affected by
cancer. Programs offered focus on emotional and social support and are all free-of-charge.
As the Executive Director for Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto, and reporting to the Chair of the Board of
Directors, I was responsible for the organization’s core operations, including:
• Marketing, development and communications.
• Program development, implementation and measurement.
• Finance, systems, facilities and Board Strategy.
Baldachin & Associates Inc. May 2003 – April 2004
A professional practice providing strategic consulting services, recent examples of which include:
• With the Rotman School of Management, developed an Executive Development Program for Microsoft
Canada Inc.’s key personnel and clients covering topics such as globalization, strategy, finance,
leadership, change management and IT-business unit alignment.
• Completed a market analysis, technology review and channel analysis of the Health Care sector for sales
of Toshiba of Canada Ltd.’s information technology products in this sector.
• Developed a corporate strategy for use of the internet by Lang Michener LLP from needs analysis and
validation through contract review, project definition and charter creation.
Metafore Corporation Inc. August 2002 – May 2003
Metafore is a major Canadian Information Technology company engaged in the design and integration of
complex IT systems. A subsidiary of Hartco Corporation, Metafore has offices across Canada and 2003
revenues in excess of $150 million.
As Senior Vice President, Professional and Technology Support Services, was responsible for the company’s
core service operations, with a staff of over 250 professionals and annualized 2003 revenue of $35 million.
Distinct offerings included:
• Systems Engineering & Security and Application Development & Integration
• On-Site Technical and Network Integration Services
• Help Desk & Managed Services (Network Operations Centre)
Key accomplishments were as follows:
• Consolidated the organization’s service operations into a single entity with a reward system based on
customer service, revenue generation and profitability.
• Established a national productivity tracking and reporting system.
Larry Baldachin Page 2
• Moved the Training and System Engineering & Security business units from a losing to a profitable
position within six months.
• Developed an activity-based compensation system for the sales and services organizations.
• Established Metafore as a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, the premier global designation for industry
partners– including participation in Microsoft’s International Partner Advisory Council.
Liberty Technology Services Ltd. January 1999 – July 2002
A Toronto-based eBusiness, Enterprise Portal and Network Integration firm. Liberty’s core services included:
• Information strategy and business case development.
• Creative design and usability frameworks for B2B eCommerce web sites and enterprise applications.
• Application development / integration including network design, integration and support.
As President and CEO of Liberty, was responsible for the company’s overall leadership and growth.
• Developed and implemented strategy in areas related to growth – i.e. strategic alliances & finance.
• $1.8 million enterprise portal strategy, development and deployment at the Joseph L. Rotman School of
Management, University of Toronto.
• $1.6 million enterprise portal deployment for Enbridge Inc.
o Assisted CIO with strategy re: the establishment of an eBusiness Advisory Council
• $2.1 million network assessment and technology upgrade for Lang Michener.
Under similar direction, Liberty achieved a number of significant milestones:
• Annualized revenues grew from $1.8 million to $4.0 million in the first year and $4.0 million to $6.5
million in the second year of operation.
• Established an office in Montreal to service Quebec-based clients.
• Established partnerships with industry-leading providers such as Plumtree and Microsoft.
• In August 2000, as the majority shareholder, affected the sale of Liberty to Norigen Communications
o Subsequently, a year later, repurchased Liberty from Norigen’s receiver.
• In August 2002, Metafore Corporation Inc. purchased all outstanding shares of Liberty.
Compugen Systems Ltd. August 1987 – December 1998
Compugen is a privately owned systems integration company. Joined Compugen as an Account Executive in
1987. At the time, the company had 12 employees and revenues of $7 million. Upon leaving Compugen to form
Liberty, the company had grown to over 500 employees with an annual revenue base of $280 million.
As Compugen’s Chief Operating Officer from 1998 to 1999, was responsible for targeted sales and profit,
industry alliances, logistics, operations and the delivery of all technical and professional services.
• From January 1998 to December 1999 revenue increased by 40% and profitability by 485%.
• Compugen became a member of Compucom International Integration Alliance (global revenues for the
alliance were in excess of $US 6 Billion).
• Profitability increased in all regional offices – particularly Quebec and Alberta.
As Vice President, Sales and Marketing from 1996 to 1998, was responsible for strategy and management, of
sales, marketing, and professional services. Also held responsibility for logistics and branch operations
nationally, as well as strategic relations with vendors and international alliance partners. During this period the
following achievements were accomplished:
• Total revenues grew from $134 million to $201 million, an annual growth rate of 50% versus an
industry average of 18%.
• Service revenues grew 78% against a budgeted growth of 35%.
• A national communications plan was developed and implemented utilizing radio, web and print-based
Larry Baldachin Page 3
• A Customer Advisory Council was established with participation by CIO’s from FP100 companies.
As Director, Sales and Marketing from 1994 to 1996, achieved the following:
• Revenues were $102 million for 1994 (75% annual growth) & $134 million for 1995 (38% growth).
• An office was established at BCE Place in Toronto to serve the legal and financial communities.
• Compugen opened western regional offices in Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta.
• Sales for 1996, Compugen’s first year of operation in Alberta, were $25 million.
• Equipment leasing arrangements were developed in partnership with IBM Financing and launched as
Compugen Financing Inc.
As a Major Account Executive from 1987 to 1993, was responsible for the development of new business and
the management of a corporate sales team.
• From 1991 to 1993 I led the company in sales and new business generation and contributed in excess of
50% of all gross margin generated nationally.
• In 1993, my team generated over $15 million in revenue with key account wins at companies such as
Union Gas Ltd., Dofasco Inc., Consumers Gas Inc. and the Ontario Ministry of Housing.
1994 The Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
1986 University of Toronto
Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
ADDITIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS / AFFILIATIONS
The Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
eExecutive-In-Residence (2000 – present)
• Advisor to the Dean on best-practices relating to the use of technology in the school environment.
• Providing of linkages between Rotman and the technology community.
• Participation in the Rotman Mentorship Program.
• Curriculum development and course delivery for the Executive MBA Program (2002/03) and the
Aerospace Executive Program (2000/01).
Director, Rotman Advancement Board (2003 – present)
• Assist Dean and Board Chair with communications, fundraising and outreach programs.
Arbor Award, University of Toronto (2001)
• Presented for outstanding contribution to the University in a volunteer-based capacity.
University of Toronto – Director, Alumni Association Board (2007 – present)
Sheena’s Place (Toronto) – Director (2008 – present)
Incorporated in 1994, Sheena’s Place is a community-based centre offering hope and support services
to people affected by eating disorders. Sheena’s Place receives no operating government funding and
relies exclusively on the generosity of individuals, foundations, corporations and events to offer all
programs free of charge.
The Compugen 10K Road Race (1994-2001)
Larry Baldachin Page 4
Founded and directed an annual 10K Road Race in Toronto which, with the support of the Information
Technology Industry, raised more than $600,000 over a period of eight years. Funds were directed, through
“Beat the Street.” This is a program of Frontier College that assists disadvantaged youth by revamping their life
skills and reintegrating them into society. Served on Frontier College’s Board of Directors from 1996 to 1998.
Larry Baldachin Page 5