1. Rotary as the dynamic parent organisation to Rotoract
2. Rotary as the dynamic partner organisation to Rotoract
3. How it all began…The first Rotary Club in 1905 was founded by Paul Harris, an attorney who started agroup for professional fellowship but quickly found that purpose too small. The Rotaryname derived from the early practice of rotating meetings among members offices.
4. Our MottoThe Rotary motto is the heart of Rotary: Service Above Self
5. The Rotary FoundationIn 1928 the Rotary Foundation was established and is now a global force for peace,health and wellbeing in the world. For example, it is a key partner in the globalproject it initiated to eradicate polio (amongst other amazing contributions).
6. Our Code of EthicsRotary has a code of ethics – theFour-Way Testwhich asks the following questionsof the things we think, say or do: 1. Is it the TRUTH? 2. Is it FAIR to all concerned? 3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS? 4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
7. RotaractRotaract started in 1968. It is a Rotary-sponsored service club for young men andwomen ages 18 to 30. Rotaract clubs are either community or university based, andthey’re sponsored by a local Rotary club.
8. WomenWomen were formally admitted to Rotary in 1989!
9. Membership today 1.2 million Rotarians belong to over 32,000 RotaryToday,clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas. 210,000 RotaractorsAnd over belong to 9,100 Rotaractclubs covering 170 countries.
10. The Relationship
11. The Relationship
12. The Relationship
13. The Relationship
14. Examples of the relationship in practice: Liaison Rotarian and Rotaractor Attendance at each other’s meetings (and updating) Mentoring Helping each other with projects and undertaking some projects jointly Sharing successful projects Attending each other’s fellowship events and holding some joint events Working on communication together to promote Rotary and Rotaract and achievements in the community
15. Rotary as the dynamic partner organisation to Rotoract