1. Today1) VOTE!2) Some pictures3) Some theorizing about logos and fonts4) Match up my logo5) Match up YOUR logo6) The visual rhetoric of romance (time pending)7) Homework
2. Step 1I have emailed to all of you the two potential plans for theremainder of the semester. One incorporates the video projectand the other does not.Open the email now and read it over.Let me know if you have questions, or if anyone has finalpitches. Then we vote.
3. Step 1.5VOTE!
4. Step 2In Niihka, I have added a folder within “resources” called “ACEphotos.” Please divide into your teams and take a few minutesto look them over.Sadly there is nothing groundbreaking there. But some of themmight be useful. We can also brainstorm what else we’d like tohave.
5. Step 3You read an article for today that spoke to you specificallyabout how to match type to a logo (remember the article withthe tree logo in it?).Let’s look at some logos and the fonts used.
6. Step 3I am in the process of designing new business cards, and I wantone side to be just my logo with the URL of my website.What I want you to do is to use the criteria discussed in thatarticle to find me a font to use.
7. Step 4Now do the same thing with your current ACE logo.Go ahead. I’ll wait here.
8. Step 5I want to talk a little with you about images of “romance,”stemming from the discussion we had about Wysocki last classand visuals in American culture (and because it’s Valentine’sDay).I don’t want to gather the samples, though– what I think of asromantic might not match your sense of that. So in your teams,pick a romantic image or two and email them to me, then we’llput them on the screen and talk about it.
9. HomeworkRead for class: Williams non-designers design bookChapter 7,Kimball & Hawkins Chapter 8 and read around on/tinker withColors on the Web.Have some color palettes in mind for your ACE materials. Bringthem with you to class. And KEEP WORKING!