Digital Marketing Strategy
Keeping the best products at the top
of the mountain
• Founded by Jake Burton in 1977
• Manufacturer of a specialized product line
focusing on snowboarders. (Boots, boards
bindings, accessories, clothing etc.)
• Largest snowboarding company worldwide
• Widely recognized as a superior brand in the
• As Burton is already established as a highly reputable
and successful brand. Therefore, goals for the
campaign would include:
1. Maintaining brand loyal customers and keeping them
informed with new products and promotions.
2. Targeting a younger audience and informing them the
possibilities supplied by the Burton Brand
3. Increase annual sales of items outside of snowboards.
Such as winter coats, snow pants, t-shirts etc.
• Increasing sales to new customers while maintaining
the attention of our brand loyal consumers is the key to
a successful digital marketing strategy.
Advertising Tools & Tactics
• Celebrity Endorsements- Sponsoring popular figures
in the sport allows the brand to both increase airtime of the
logo, as well as encourages consumers that Burton is the best
brand of snowboarding equipment available.
– In the past Burton has faired well with popular snowboarder and
Olympic Gold Medalist Shaun White
• Google AdWords- This account will provides various
tools and features that are vital to a successful digital
– Keyword Tool
– Traffic Estimator
– Ad Groups
Tools & Tactics Cont.
• Social Networking- Facebook in particular, is a
great channel to reach and influence the
intended target market reaching the eyes of
over 1.6 billion users every month.
– As the Burton brand is commonly recognized by
most snowboarders Facebook would provide a
ideal network to extend brand influence
– Using advanced marketing tactics such as PPC
advertising would allow the company to further
focus in on a specified market segment.
• Age: 10-30 years old
• Social Status: Primarily middle and upper class
• Geographic Location: Areas that receive
snowfall for at least half of the year, or have
local access to ski resorts.
– Race: Caucasian
– Gender: Primary focus on males
• Since Burton already has a positive reputation as
a brand the advertising budget does not need to
be to extensive.
• Facebook networking campaign: $3000/month
• Celebrity Endorsement (Shaun White Tweeting
about brand): $7500/ tweet
• Additional fees (marketing analysis, posting
information, checking up on media
accounts, managing the campaign, creating
content, holding contests): $1500/month
• $12,000/month or $144,000 annually
1.Maintaining brand loyal consumers and
expanding the sales to new potential market
2.Analyzing buying trends and patterns from
previous years reveals insight into who exactly
purchases Burton products.
3.Composing a Google AdWords account to
provide vital information and tools to ensure the
success of the campaign.
• 4. A Facebook influence will also be a
beneficial staple to the digital marketing
• Between these essentials Burton Snowboards
will continue to flourish as the world leader in