1. GOVT COLLEGE OF
TECHNOLOGY , BIKANER .
BY – Akshay Sharma
ROLL NO – 07
BRANCH – COMPUTER SCIENCE
BATCH – A1
For what’s next
3. Introducing the Chrome OS
• A Chromebook is a personal computer running Google Chrome OS as
its operating system.
• The devices are designed to be used while connected to the Internet .
• they support applications that reside on the Web, rather than
traditional PC applications like Microsoft Office and Photoshop that
reside on the machine itself.
• uses the Linux kernel, and the Google Chrome web browser with an
integrated media player.
• Google claims that a multi-layer security architecture eliminates the
need for anti-virus software.
4. A screenshot of chrome OS
• users add web apps from the Chrome Web Store instead of traditional
• Support for many USB devices such as cameras, mice, external
keyboards and flash drives is included, similar to plug-and-play on
other operating systems.
• Chromebooks have a specialized keyboard complete with buttons for
opening and controlling multiple browser windows.
• Web search button which replaces the caps lock key (caps lock being
activated by pressing both shift keys together).
• Models :
At a December 7, 2010 press
briefing, Google announced the
first Chromebook, the Cr-48
laptop, a reference hardware
design to test the Chrome OS
7. • Commercial machines
• Google initially named several
development partners working on
hardware for the operating system,
with others named in the press,
• Texas Instruments
Hp pavilion 14
8. The Chromebook Pixel is a
laptop that brings together the
best in hardware, software,
and design to inspire future
• For seeing clearly
4.3 million pixels – each invisible to the
unaided eye – work together to deliver crisp
text, vivid colors, and extra wide viewing
angles. The 12.85” screen has the highest
pixel density of any laptop, and a 3:2
photographic format designed for the web
puts every one of those pixels to good use.
9. For making contact
Organize windows, swipe through apps, and
edit photos with the tip of your finger. A
0.55mm layer of touch-enabled Gorilla®
Glass fused directly to the screen provides
smooth touch interactions while preserving
•Pinch to zoom
10. For the best of
On the Chromebook Pixel, your favorite Google
products – like YouTube, Gmail, Hangouts and
Drive – shine
• Google Drive
Access and share photos, videos,
documents, and files across all your
devices. Pixel comes with one terabyte
of cloud storage, free for 3 years
• Google+ Hangouts
With an integrated HD webcam,
microphone array, and active noise
cancellation, Google+ Hangouts are
crystal clear bringing family and friends
11. Pixel boots-up in seconds and stays fast, requires almost zero
setup or maintenance, and comes with virus protection built-
in. Best of all, it stays up to date with seamless updates every
few weeks. Built-in LTE delivers fast connectivity.
For a better way of doing
Pixel is machined from an anodized aluminum alloy to a tight
tolerance, leaving nothing extraneous or distracting: vents
are hidden, screws invisible, and stereo speakers seamlessly
tucked away beneath the backlit keyboard.
For precision, inside and out
12. Future of chromebook
• Many companies have laid out plans for chromebooks
• Google is rumored to merge the chrome OS with its android project.
• Chromebook pixel has received a lot of positive response.
13. Offline apps on chromebook
14. ANY QUERIES ?
THANK YOU !
• Pichai, Sundar. "A New Kind Of Computer: Chromebook".
• The Official Google Blog.