PRESENTATIONHV DESAI COLLEGE ASEMINAR ON “ ROBOTICS ” IN HV DESAI COLLEGE Project by :- Akshay Indalkar Prankul Desai (FYBCS)
• Robotics• Why Robotics?• Types of Robotics• Laws of Robotics• Components of Robots• Advantages• Future Prospectus• Smoke Sensor• Queries
• THE WORD “ ROBOTICS ” IS USED COLLECTIVELY TO DEFINE A FIELD IN ENGINEERING THAT COVERS THE MIMICKING OF VARIOUS HMAN CHARACTRISTICS• SOUND CONCEPT IN MANY ENGINEERING DISCIPLINES IS NEEDED FOR WORKING IN THIS FIELD• IT FINDS ITS USES IN ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE
A Automatic Industrial machine replacing a Human In Hazardous ways. An Automatic mobile sweeper machine at modern home. An Automatic toy car for children to play An Machine use for spying or safety purposes.
ROBOTICS INCLUDE A KNOWLEDGEOF MECHANICAL, ELECTRONICS,ELECTRICAL & COMPUTER SCIENCEENGINEERING.
THE TERM ROBOTICS WAS COINED IN 1940s BY SCIENCE FICTION WRITER ISAAC ASIMOV ASIMOV’s LAWS OF ROBOTICS A robot may not injure a Human Being OR, THROGH, INAACTION, allow a Human Being to come to harm. A robot must obey the orders given it by Human beings except where such order would conflict with the first law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict first or second law.
Speed. It can work in Hazardous/Dangerous Environments. To perform repetitive task. Efficiency. Accuracy. Adaptability.
o Structure.o Power Source.o Actuation.o Sensing.o Manipulation.o Locomotion.
• The structure of Robot is usually mostly Mechanical & can be called as kinematic chain• The chain is forms of link‟s (it‟s bones), actuators (it‟s muscles), and joint which can allow one or more degrees of freedom.
Suitable power supply is needed to run the motors and associated circuitry. Typical power requirement ranges from 3V to 24V DC. 220 AC supply must be modified to suits the need of our machines. Batteries can also be use to run the robots. Robots are driven by different motors :- o DC Motor. o Stepper Motor. o Servo Motor.
Actuators are “ muscles “ of a robot, the parts which convert stored energy into movement. The most popular actuators are electronic motors.
• Robots which must work in the real world require some way to manipulate objects; pickup, modify, destroy, or otherwise have an effect.• Thus the „hands‟ of robot are often refereed to as end effectors, while the hand is refereed as to be manipulation• Some Manipulators are :- • Mechanical Grippers. • Vacuum Grippers. • General Grippers.
It is concerned with the motion of the robot. Robots contain different types of drivers :- Differential drive Car type. Skid steer drive. Synchronous drive. Pivot drive. Articulated drive.
1. Revolution in Health care Medical Science system.2. New & wide scope in Education & Training.3. A Good help in Nuclear Industry.4. Used tremendously in Sports activities.5. Can very well handle House hold business.
Scientists say that it is possible that robot brain will exist in 2019. Vernor Vinge has suggested that a moment may come when Computers & Robots are smarter than Human. In 2009 some robots are acquired various forms of semi-autonomy, including being able to find power sources on their own. The ASSOCIATION FOR THE ADVANCMENT OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE has researched on this problem.
• When smoke is present in the gap of the photo interrupter module, the light beam from LED to the phototransistor is obstructed. As a result, the phototransistor stops conducting and pin4 (reset) of IC 555 goes high to activate the alarm.• The photo transistor and LED must be housed inside an enclosure with holes to allow entry of smoke.• This smoke detector circuit project require a power supply between 9 and 12 volts .