1. BY MD. AKHTAR ALAMM.A HRM 4TH SEM9TH APRIL, 2013
2.  The globalisation of the world’s businesseconomy - main reason for internationalhuman resourcing. The conduct of “business” has become atruly global activity for many reasons: Increased travel Rapid transfer of new technology Growing trade - foreign competition The emigration of large numbers of people Increased pressure on costs The search for new markets Government policy Decreasing trade barriers and opening markets
3.  Basically there are four components fordeveloping proper international staff andmultinational teams: International recruitment and Selection International training and development Cross cultural training Localisation: Societies, organization andemployees
4.  Economic scanning and organisational capability Manpower Planning:• Present and future … shifting nature• Outsourcing Alternatives Competency Clarity:• Thinking - Seasoned Judgment• Strategic Management• Leadership• Interpersonal skills• Communication• Self Management• Depth and Breadth of Technical and Functional Skills• Resource Management
5.  Segment-wise sourcing plan Identifying international talent location as asource. Total reward offerings
6.  Training in the international context essentiallyfocuses on bridging the gap between thecapabilities of the individual hired and the role /responsibilities of the job he / she is being hired MNC’s may make use of expats for shortterm/long term international job assignments Focus for Short term assignments training is narrowedtowards objectives of the assignments and minimalimportance is given to cultural gaps and work lifedifferences. For a long term assignment significant amount of timeand effort is devoted towards coaching the employeeson cultural differences, workplace behaviour andnational etiquette, eating habits and coping strategiesto help sustain success during the assignment.
7.  Developing an international team starts fromrecruitment and selection followed bytraining and development.Recruitmentand SelectionTraining DevelopmentInternationalTeamPre-departureTrainingInternationalAssignments
8.  MNC’s offer Cross Cultural Training (CCT)to teachtheir expats, the host country’s appropriate normsand behaviour CCT may be understood as any plannedintervention to increase the knowledge and skillsof the expatriates to live and work effectively ina unfamiliar host country and culture. Components of cross cultural training are: Preliminary visits Language training Practical assistance Cultural awareness program Job related factors Cultural knowledge and skills and facilitates expatriates’adjustment to the host country’s culture
9.  Localisation of expats is one of the neglatedthing in IHRM.
10. Truly global operations means having a team ofinternational managers who are available to goanywhere in the world. Provide international experience to many levelsof managers Short-term development assignments rangingfrom a few months to several years International job rotation Attendance at common training anddevelopment programs held either in the parentcountry, or regional centers, or both International meetings in various locations thatfoster interaction and personal networks
11.  Issues related to recruitment of potentialexpatriate employees Issues related to retention of expatriateemployees Expatriate performance and expatriate‘‘failure’’ Global Talent Management