1. History of Internet PUNJAB COLLEGE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
2. Table of Content <ul><li>Sr.no Topics Slide no . </li></ul><ul><li>1. Introduction 3 </li></ul><ul><li>2. History of Internet 4 </li></ul><ul><li>3. Visualization of routes of Internet 5 </li></ul><ul><li>4. Uses of Internet 6 </li></ul><ul><li>Use in education & marketing 7 </li></ul><ul><li>Services provided by Internet 8 </li></ul><ul><li>Thank you 9 </li></ul>
3. Introduction The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standardized Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP). It is a network of networks that consists of millions of private and public, academic, business, and government networks of local to global scope that are linked by copper wires, fiber-optic cables, wireless connections, and other technologies.
4. The USSR's launch of Sputnik spurred the United States to create the Advanced Research Projects Agency, known as ARPA, in February 1958 to regain a technological lead. ARPA created the Information Processing Technology Office (IPTO) to further the research of the Semi Automatic Ground Environment (SAGE) program, which had networked country-wide radar systems together for the for the first time. History of Internet
5. Visualization of the various routes through a portion of the Internet
6. Internet is useful for us in many types:- 1. on-line communication 2. software sharing 3. exchange of views on topics of common internet 4. posting of information of general internet 5. product promotion 6. feedback about product 7. customer support services 8. on-line journals and magazines 9. on-line shopping 10. worldwide video conferecing 11. education Uses of Internet
7. <ul><li>Education on the internet:- </li></ul><ul><li>In today's society, the internet has become a very important learning tool. It is used for day to day activities, such as a place to look up research, a method of getting in touch with friends and family, and somewhere to go to find information about almost anything imaginable. Technology has made it possible for a person to download a visual image of a teacher teaching a class online. The Internet as Education The internet is very useful when it comes to research. </li></ul>2. Internet Marketing:- Internet marketing, direct sales and viral marketing all play a key role in modern marketing. An example of viral marketing would be where a retail perfume store hands out samples of perfume to individual customers in a shopping mall. A second example of direct marketing may be sending unsolicited e-mails to any e-mail address that can be found.
8. Various services provided by internet :- <ul><li>The internet contains information in the form of web pages grouped into websites. The World Wide Web provides easy way to store and access the information stored in these websites. The electronic mail is used to send instant messages to anywhere in this world. </li></ul>