The Cloud is a term with a long history in telephony, which has in the past decade, been adopted as a metaphor for internet based services, with a common depiction in network diagrams as a cloud
The Cloud is a term with a long history in telephony, which has in the past decade, been adopted as a metaphor for internet based services, with a common depiction in network diagrams as a cloud outline.
2. AGENDA Introduction What is Cloud Computing History Layers of Cloud Computing Types Of Cloud Computing Cloud Providers Advantage of Cloud Computing Disadvantage of Cloud Computing Future Trends Conclusions Reference
3. INTRODUCTIONThe cloud is something that you have been using for a longtime now in the form of the Internet. Then, what is it that iscreating this buzz about cloud computing. So here are thecloud computing features that make it the latest sensationpromising to shape the entire future of modern computing.The cloud computing benefits are so immense that it islooked upon as a utility model of computing, with which anapplication can start small and grow to be enormousovernight.In 2008 Oracle CEO Larry Ellison said “The computerindustry is the only industry that is more fashion-driventhan women’s fashion.” to a group of Oracle analysts. Solet’s talk about what cloud computing is and tighten up ourdefinition and understanding of this implementation.
4.  Cloud Computing refers to both the applicationsdelivered as services over the Internet and the hardwareand systems software in Internet infrastructure (called aplatform). Hide the complexity infrastructure by providing verysimple graphical interface or API (ApplicationsProgramming Interface). Provides on demand services, that are always on,anywhere, anytime and any place. Pay for use and as needed, elastic. The hardware and software services are available to thegeneral public, enterprises, corporations and businessesmarkets.What is Cloud Computing?
5. HISTORY The concept was coined by John McCarthy in 1960. The term cloud came into commercial use in theearly 1990s generally refers to large ATM network. By the 21st century the real concept of “cloudcomputing” has appeared most focus was onSaaS. In 1999 , Saleaforce.com was established by Marc,Parker and his fellows. IBM extended the concept in 2001.
6. LAYERS OF CLOUD COMPUTING
7. CLOUD SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE (SAAS) Software services are applications or components thatcan be used as an end application or used as part of acustom solution Software Services include – Billing, Financials, Legal, Human Resources - AriaSystems, OpSource Sales, CRM - Concur, Xero, Workday Desktop Productivity - DirectLaw, Advologix Content Management - Taleo, Workday Backup & Recovery - Xactly, LucidEra, StreetSmarts Document Management - Salesforce.com, NetSuite,LiveOps Collaboration - Box.net, DropBox Social Networks - Ning, Zembly
8. CLOUD PLATFORM AS A SERVICE (PAAS) Platform services offer a ready built infrastructure andapplication frameworks that can be used for building andrunning applications. Platform Services include - General Purpose - provide development tools forcloud‐capable applications or application fragments.Vendors - Force.com, LongJump, Google App Engine, MS AzureServices Platform Business Intelligence - provide business intelligencecapabilities as service and can be cloud‐based.Vendors - Aster DB, Panaroma, Vertica Integration - provide integration and processorchestration capabilities delivered as a service.Vendors - Amazon SQS, HubSpan, Microsoft BizTalk Services
9. CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE AS A SERVICE (IAAS) Infrastructure services provide building blocks that can be mouldedto run different application servers, packaged applications, etc.,which can be used to host applications. Infrastructure Services include - Storage - Provide metered, on‐demand storage of structure orun‐structured data delivered as a service.Vendors - Amazon EBS & S3, MossoCloud Files, Nirvanix,VaultscapeStorage Compute - provide metered, on‐demand execution of codes,services or applications delivered as a service.Vendors - Amazon EC2, MossoCloud Servers, AppNexus,Terremark, GridLayer Services Management - provide a layer of management of theinfrastructure servicesVendors - IBM, RightScale, Scalr, CloudStatus, Kaavo
10. CLOUD COMPUTING TYPES Hybrid cloud Private cloud Public cloud Community cloud
11. CONTINUE…. Private Cloud - The cloud infrastructure is operatedsolely for an organization. Community Cloud - Several organizations havesimilar requirements and seek to share the cloudinfrastructure. Public Cloud – Cloud computing through off-sitethird-party provider Hybrid Cloud – Mix of Cloud models. Normally usedfor archiving and backup functions
12. CLOUD PROVIDES
13. ADVANTAGES OF CLOUD COMPUTING Lower computer costs. Improved performance. Reduced software costs. Instant software updates. Improved document format compatibility. Unlimited storage capacity. ( pbytes !!!) Increased data reliability. Universal document access Easier group collaboration Device independence
14. DISADVANTAGES OF CLOUD COMPUTING Requires a constant Internet connection. Features might be limited.
15. THE FUTURE TRENDS Many of the activities loosely grouped together under cloudcomputing have already been happening and centralizedcomputing activity is not a new phenomena. Grid Computing was the last research-led centralizedapproach. However there are concerns that the mainstream adoption ofcloud computing could cause many problems for users. Whether these worries are grounded or not has yet to beseen. Many new open source systems appearing that you caninstall and run on your local cluster – should be able to run avariety of applications on these systems.
16. CONCLUSION Cloud Computing is the fastest growing part of IT Tremendous benefits to customers of all sizes. Cloud services are simpler to acquire and scale up or down. Key opportunity for application and infrastructure vendors. Public clouds work great for some but not all applications. Private clouds offer many benefits for internal applications. Public and private clouds can be used in combination. Economic environment is accelerating adoption of cloud solutions