2. Founded on September 2, 1992 in Germany, under
the name Gesellschaft für Software- und
Systementwicklung mbH (S.u.S.E. GmbH)
3. Developed by Roland Dyroff, Thomas Fehr, Hubert
Mantel and Burchard Steinbild
4. S.u.S.E. Linux 1.0 was released in 1994
5. Novell, Inc. Acquired SUSE Linux in late 2003.
6. Novell, Inc. Acquired SUSE Linux in late 2003.
The development of the distribution
was opened to public participation
for the first time.
Released Downloadable ISO
Started the openSUSE Project.
Selling their distributions .
NEXT RELEASE SOURCE CODE :
2 MONTHS AFTER IT WAS READY FOR
7. NOVELL’s openSUSE Project
Release of SUSE Linux 10.0. [BETA]
Discontinued personal version then renamed the
professional to simply SUSE LINUX .
Version 10.2 : SUSE Linux Distro = openSUSE
openSUSE provides the base for SUSE Linux Enterprise
Server/Desktop and Open Enterprise Server
8. ATTACHMATE acquire Novell, Inc. on April 27, 2011
Splitted SUSE into
9. The new openSUSE
10. openSUSE 12.3 [KDE]
11. openSUSE current features
FREE AND OPEN SOURCE.
ABILITY TO USE DIFFERENT DESKTOP ENVIRONMENTS.
NEW AND UPDATED SETS OF APPLICATIONS
12. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
CPU: Intel Pentium III 500 MHz or higher
minimum, Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or any
AMD64 or Intel64 CPU recommended.
RAM: 1 GB, 2 GB recommended
Hard drive: 3 GB for minimal system; 5 GB
recommended for standard system
13. Advantages and
openSUSE is FREE.
openSUSE is OPEN SOURCE.
openSUSE is much more SECURE compare to other OS.
openSUSE is USER FRIENDLY.
openSUSE has a large resource of softwares.
openSUSE has a lot of support forums.
openSUSE uses the YaST control center.
16. About the LOGO.
17. Current mascot of the distribution is a
veiled chameleon officially named
18. For More Information :