2nd July 2010
After disasters and in remote field environments communication networks are
often unavailable or unreliable. For this reason organisations operating in these
contexts will issue radios to their staff. Staff will also be responsible to report
in during daily radio checks to give their status and position and to ensure that
their radio is working.
2 Radio Management System
In Sahana Eden design a module to assist in the tasks involved in managing
radios within an organisation. Consider:
• A list of the Radio Handsets possessed by the organisation
• Which staff these Radio Handsets have been allocated to.
• Keeping a record of radio checks – Who? When? Where? What Channel?
Your task is to develop a simple module in Sahana to help manage these
processes and information.
1. Develop a data model for the radio module
2. Considering the workflow and the use of CRUD forms, design wireframes
for the radio module
3. Develop it!