Transcript of "La basilica di s. pietro ad aram 1."
The origins of the church. The legend dates back to the coming of Saint Peter in Naples and the altar placed in the lobby would have celebrated his first mass. While there is no evidence of the arrival of San Pietro in Naples, the tradition has consolidated the cult that has led since the early Middle Ages, the magnification of the place of worship until the reconstruction of the church in 1485 at the behest of Ferdinand of Aragon. The church got its present appearance during the monumental reconstruction of the seventeenth century and the beginning of the twentieth century during the restoration. The gardens and two cloisters adjoining the church were destroyed during the Restoration. The church is currently under the care of the Franciscans is full of sculptures from other churches in Naples. In the crypt, probably identified with the ancient church of Santa Candida, is practiced the old popular worship of the souls of defunti.La Basilica of San Pietro ad Aram is a church in Naples. It is famous because, according to tradition, once housed the Ara Petri, that is the altar on which St. Peter asked him during his visit to Naples. The basilica stands in the old city and, until the nineteenth century, was flanked by a cloister monumentale.Hisorical notices. For its unique antiquities Pope Clement VII granted it the privilege of celebrating the jubilee year after that of Rome, so as to avoid overcrowding in the papal capital, but also to prevent the people of Naples the then arduous journey. The post-jubilees were celebrated in 1526, in 1551 and finally in 1576. Pope Clement VIII abolished this privilege to the city in the XVII secolo.Secondo legend, the church is built on the site where St. Peter had baptized and Sant'Aspreno Santa Candida, the first Neapolitan converted, as also said the fresco in the hall (recently attributed to Girolamo da Salerno). In the vestibule there is an altar with an inscription in marble columns, Swabian and Angevin, surmounted by a canopy of Giovan Battista Nauclerio. The current restructuring of the seventeenth century, on a previous draft of Peter and John De Marino Mozzetta.Alla end of the last century with the work of the so-called cleansing, the capitals of the destroyed cloister at age Aragonese were transferred to the shrine of Sant'Aspreno in Piazza Borsa. The portal of the secondary (XVI century), which gives access to the church, is in stone carved with motifs of scrolls and vegetables come from the Conservatory of the Wool Guild, in vico Miroballo demolished for the work of cleansing. The internoL'interno has a single nave, a Latin cross. On the altar of the first chapel on the right is the relief of the Madonna delle Grazie Giovanni da Nola, the canvas is the work of the Jubilee Cobergher Wenzel, 1594. In the right transept of the San Raffaele Giacinto Diano, the Baptism of Massimo Stanzione of Christ, the Madonna with St. Happy Canterbury and Andrea Vaccaro. Sibi placed in the chancel are two early works by Luca Giordano: St. Peter and St. Paul before going to embrace martyrdom and delivery of the keys. The choir stalls, in 1661, is by Giovan Domenico Pomace. In the remaining chapels, among others, paintings Sarnelli, Pacecco De Rosa,