• Share
  • Email
  • Embed
  • Like
  • Save
  • Private Content
English version of basilica di s . biagio a maratea
 

English version of basilica di s . biagio a maratea

on

  • 530 views

Torniamo pe un pò alle cose serie oltre che belle

Torniamo pe un pò alle cose serie oltre che belle

Statistics

Views

Total Views
530
Views on SlideShare
530
Embed Views
0

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
6
Comments
1

0 Embeds 0

No embeds

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel

11 of 1 previous next

  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

    English version of basilica di s . biagio a maratea English version of basilica di s . biagio a maratea Presentation Transcript

    • Fotografy an original elaboration by Antonio Florino Automatic advancement except theslide 2
    • The basilica of San Biagio is located in the municipality of Maratea and the Tyrrhenian coast of Basilicata is an ancient shrine. Tradition say is built on the site of a pagan temple dedicated to Minerva. It is manufactured at the highest point of the old town of Maratea, called the Castle, and is the parish church. In 1940 he was elevated to the dignity of a basilica pontificia;.is the religious heart of the community marateota, keeper of the relics of the patron saint Biagio. Leggenda and popular tradition say that the church is born rearranging the Christian worship of a pagan temple, by origin uncertain, dedicated to the goddess Minerva. Although so far not been officially detected evidence of this temple, the site conforms to the location of a coastal sanctuary pay, and a brief archaeological campaign conducted in the vicinity of Roman material returned. It is common opinion that the original church consisted only in the current sanctuary, and the popular memory remembers was originally dedicated to Our Lady of Grace. When, in 732, received the relics of the Holy Armenian, became the shrine of the saint, patron of elected citt à .In the 1324, the parish church of San Biagio extended its jurisdiction over the near parish Castrocucco, and appeared to be in the territory of the arcipretura documents of the diocese of Cassano to Ionian, that the two parishes belonged 1098.Since 1562 was involved in some restoration work by the local Brotherhood of St Biagio.in the same year, on March 4, the Pope Pius IV granted a treasure of indulgences to the church and saw the miracle of the Holy Manna. As for architecture, you do not know for sure neither the time nor the way the early church was expanded with the construction of the body that houses the three aisles, sometimes decorated with massive style romanico.in the 1618 the fraternity had built a chapel to house the urn containing the relics of the church godfather, in the same century, was also seriously damaged by a fire sparked by a lightning strike on the night of October 16, 1624, which destroyed the historical documents kept in the chapel with the relics parrocchiale .The relic was then placed under the protection of the Royal Curia by King Philip IV of Habsburg royal letter dated December 23, 1629: since it is popularly known as the Royal Chapel. In the first half of the eighteenth century, the parish priest Gaetano Ventapane spending a lot of his wealth to beautify the church, by building the existing square in front of the church, supported by massive substructures dry, and creating a gallery with three arches. In 1741 the tower was built, style vaguely bizantino.In 1878 the church was restored again by the pastor Buraglia Gennaro, who held the Royal Chapel of new marble Carrara.Il August 10, 1940 the sanctuary was elevated to the dignity of the papal basilica by Pope Pius XII, he did break the news to the bishop Federico Pezzullo, chair of the diocese of Policastro Bussentino, Maratea where she had come since 1898, Between 1963 and 1969 the church was the subject of a massive restoration work, obliterating the architectural layers of the church, partly by changing the internal structure and eliminating almost all works of art .Quest 'last, along with the marble altars were relocated in the church between 1976 and 1982 through the work of local middle culturale. The church facade has a portico with three arches of the neoclassical style, with four columns supporting a triangular pediment, which is a niche site with a small state of white marble statue of St. Blaise .The north aisle of the church is supported by three massive buttresses, while the South is based in part on a ridge of roccia.Interno The church is divided into four areas: three aisles and chancel, about the size of the nave. The church is now adorned with Romanesque arches, although the work of the 1963-69 first time they had different design, by the Tuscan Gothic. The church today is home to works of art in quantities little. The oldest works in the church is a paint representing the Madonna and Child, commonly called the Madonna of the Pomegranate, dated to the late fifteenth century, located on the first pillar left side of the aisle centrale. Second, marble tabernacle, dated 1519, donated to the church by William Diodato. The work represents an ark, complete with prayer who contemplate the SS. Sacramento.L 'ancient stone baptismal font, placed in a side aisle and the nave, dates from the fifteenth-sixteenth to the eighteenth century .Ppolychrome marble altars, the relief of the Annunciation, the scene representing the Madonna with the canonical and the Archangel Gabriel, and that of the so-called Lady of Wisdom, or Lady of the Rosary, whose base is dated 1755.By exquisite workmanship is the statue of the Madonna delle Grazie, made in wood,.Go back the eighteenth century to the eighteenth and nineteenth two beautiful paintings of San Biagio in Glory, which represents the saint, accompanied by angels on a cloud in place to protect the city represented as a great old castle, and St. Macarius, who represents the holy chapel was built Cappella La eremita.. It was then rebuilt in 1621, with bishop's blessing, and declared in 1629.Originariamente directed on the right side of the nave, the chapel was moved to the center of the chancel in 1940, and raised very high on a pedestal. During the work of 1963-69 was first placed in the left aisle, then housed in the current arrangement, that is manufactured to the ground at the bottom of the Chapel Royal presibiterio.. recent work to the exterior of the chapel was adorned with a marble dome and small stucco angels, now extinct. Currently the chapel is topped by a dome of white stucco. The interior, now covered by a fund of yellow marble, was adorned with gold stucco. This statue, silver, engraved by Domenico De Blasio was in 1706. In 1873 it suffered the theft of the processional cross, to be torn for ever from the sight of the faithful by unknown thieves on the night of October 28 1976.La statue is now preserved in the Royal Chapel is a faithful copy of the original work of Roman Venetian Vio.
    • From now on, the images are enough
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    • The effigy of the Saint venerated
    • In this marble urn are kept the relics of St. Blaise
    •  
    •  
    • This cannon ball did not explode by a miracle of St. Blaise
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    • The clock strikes 12 probably why we're hungry
    •  
    • The remains of the ancient walls of Maratea slowly blend into the vegetation
    • Luckily for tourists there is a suitable resting spot
    •  
    •  
    •  
    • by Aflo [email_address] Tinaaaa ... ... we have seen it all ...now have to find a restaurant.