without this attribution, a cut in budget would have 10x the effect the stakeholders would have thought.
1. Breakout Session Presentation:Title HereSESSION LEADER:• Tina Moffett, Analyst, Forrester Research, Inc.SPEAKERS:• Paul Pellman, CEO, Adometry• Dan Kirchgessner, Director, Online Advertising, Ideeli
2. Adometry + IdeeliOur Mutual Purpose• Utilize fractional data driven attribution technologies• Provide deeper and more accurate insight into overall performance• Drive incremental ROI of online and offline cross-channel marketing efforts and improve overall ROAS• Guide and optimize future marketing efforts• Reduce waste & increase efficiency
3. IdeeliOnline Retailer with High Velocity User ExperienceExciting, members-only, dailyshopping experience of curatedbrands•“Incredible brands at exceptional prices”•6 million members, over 1000 brandpartners with 20-30 new events every day(an entirely new site - shoot nearly 2000images daily)Founded 2006•Started in an apartment, now 32,000 sq ftRanked #1 Inc. 500 list in 2011
4. Ideeli Attribution Goals & ChallengesGoals:1.Increase number of new member sign-ups2.Drive up repeat purchasesChallenges:1.Couldn’t trust last click or last viewmeasurement results2.The complexity/velocity/frequency of userengagement made it difficult to measuremedia impact on purchases
5. Ideeli Results - New member signups MEDIA BUY A LIFT VIEWABILITY eCPA • Display lifts search performance by 50%. INSIGHT • Over 50% of display ads appeared “below the fold” and up to 30% were never seen. • Significant differences in attribution vs last event. • Reallocated media spend to top performing ACTION placements. • Eliminated inefficient placements. • Maintained aggregate new member signups and reduced CPA by 14%. RESULT • Re-allocated budget to fund marketing spend boost to increase repeat purchasers.
6. Ideeli Results – Driving repeat purchases MEDIA BUY A CONVERSIONS • Last click understated repeat purchases by >90%. INSIGHT • Communicated to stakeholders the real advertising value created by campaigns. • Uncovered new marketing channels and sites to promote repeat purchases. • Re-set how we measure results. ACTION • Justified increased ad spend to drive repeat purchases. • Found opportunities to re-allocate spend/optimize. RESULT • Increased total repeat purchases by over 30%. • Consistent month-to-month improvement.
7. RepeatPurchaser New Sign-Up Ideeli: Display Lift
8. Ideeli Results – Reallocated Budget Re-allocated budget to fund marketing spend boost increased repeat purchasers AND simultaneously increased new sign-up conversions.
9. Ideeli: Algorithmic v Last ClickMEDIA BUY A: Repeat Purchasers