https://www.facebook.com/about/pagesFacebook Story 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpO_M6kpOVc&list=UUcr9tciZbuvJrEVAgIXCp8Q&index=2&feature=plpp_videoFacebook Story 2, Identifying Fish:http://youtu.be/8hhXZwLFfao
Creating a Google Page - https://plus.google.com/pages/create
What are Social Media?
• Social media includes web- and mobile-based
technologies which are used to turn
communication into interactive dialogue
among organizations, communities, and
• A Medium which communicates User
Forms of Social Media
• Internet forums
• Social Networks
• Social Bookmarking
Use of Social Networks
Do you ever use / have a profile on… Percentage who said “Yes” (Poll Taken in 2012)
Any social network 58 %
Facebook 56 %
LinkedIn 14 %
Twitter 11 %
Google+ 9 %
• 1. 4 billion users globally
• Total percentage of people on Earth who use Facebook-11%
• Total amount of minutes people spend on Facebook every
month – 700 billion
• 955 million monthly active users at the end of June 2012.
• Approximately 81% of our monthly active users are outside the
U.S. and Canada.
• 552 million daily active users on average in June 2012.
• 543 million monthly active users who used Facebook mobile
products in June 2012.
• 1,900,000 people who live in Sri Lanka- September 2013
A summary of this goal will be stated here that is clarifying and
• Everyday, millions of users create,
share and discover ideas on Twitter
• Users also find great value in
connecting with businesses of all
kinds on Twitter to:
• Share their experiences, both good and not so good
• Provide feedback on recent events or launches
• Discuss product ideas
• Learn about exclusive deals or offers
• Get customer service
•LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more
than 175 million members in over 200 countries and territories (August 2, 2012).
•62% of LinkedIn members are located outside of the United States (August 2, 2012).
•LinkedIn members did nearly 4.2 billion professionally-oriented searches on the platform
in 2011 and are on pace to surpass 5.3 billion in 2012.
•LinkedIn counts executives from all 2011 Fortune 500 companies as members; its
corporate hiring solutions are used by 85 of the Fortune 100 companies (June 30, 2012).
•More than 2 million companies have LinkedIn Company Pages.
•9m+ members in Brazil (August 2, 2012)
•5m+ members in Canada (January 19, 2012)
•44m+ members in the EMEA region (August 2, 2012)
•34m+ members in Europe (February 17, 2012)
•9m+ members in the UK (April 2, 2012)
•25m+ members in Asia and the Pacific (January 29, 2012)
•16m+ members in India (August 1, 2012)
•3m+ members in Australia (March 12, 2012)
•4m+ members in Southeast Asia (January 29, 2012)
• This is a Social Network & Identity service by
• As of May 2013, it had a total of 500 million
registered users of whom 359 million are active
• 30% of users are smartphone users between
April–June 2013, making it the fourth most used
• Community: Over 25 million people
• Over 2.5 billion check-ins, with millions more
• Businesses: Over a 1,000,000 using the
• Employees: Over 100 between headquarters
in New York, an office in San Francisco, and a
lovely outpost in London
foursquare for Businesses
• Manage a place
» Mark your venue
» Reach customers with local
» Create specials to grow business
• Manage a brand
– Media and entertainment companies,
non-profits, and brands to engage
• Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard
• Pinterest lets you organize and share all the
beautiful things you find on the web
– Redecorate your Home
– Plan a Wedding!
– Find your Style!
– Save your Inspirations!
– Save Your Recipes!