Be the first to like this
Cloud computing is no longer only a buzzword. Enterprises across the domain are talking about it; in other words, it has moved from “what it is” to “how can it help” the enterprise. Cloud computing is a paradigm shift for IT services and is not just a set of new technology and tools but is the change in the way we respond to the business problems today using technology.
Cloud computing offers many benefits and that is the reason why enterprises are curious and excited about the cloud computing. Following are few key benefits that cloud computing offers:
- Elastic Resource Capacity: Ability to re-provision the technology infrastructure resources on demand rapidly and inexpensively
- Reduced Cost: Reduced Capital cost due to utility pricing based on usage.
- Pay as you go model provides transactional pricing
- Improved Reliability: Multiple redundant sites with automatic replication of data improves reliability
- Better Scalability: On demand provisioning of resources to manage the peak load and quickly scale infrastructure
- Global Reach: Readily available and accessible from anywhere. Regional data centers provided by cloud makes it available near to the target audience
However, any technology transformation is not easy for organizations to adopt and there are pain points associated with it as the change does not happen overnight. It requires assessment, planning, validation, selling and convincing the stake holders for the change. The change adoption has to be incremental and stepwise. The change has to be evaluated with due diligence in specific needs of enterprise drivers and the application characteristic.
This whitepaper will help you evaluate the right cloud service delivery model - IaaS, PaaS, SaaS