Ashridge Business School
http:// unihub.mdx.ac.uk / study / library
Finding research evidence
In this workshop we will look at...
• Information for your project
• Developing an effective search strategy
• Resources available and how to use them
• Evaluating information
• Keeping up-to-date
• Managing references
But is it any good?
In pairs discuss:
3 criteria for
• Authority : Who is the author? What is their knowledge
base/qualifications? How have they carried out their
• Relevance : Is this what I need? Will it answer my question?
Is it at the right level?
• Intent : What is the purpose of information e.g. financial
gain, propaganda, academic etc?
• Objectivity : Balanced view? Opposing views represented?
Links to supporting information?
• Currency: How old is this information? When was it last
updated and by whom?
But it’s not in the Library!
• Inter Library Loans
• Alumni at old uni
Middlesex Alumni get Udini
• More information:
Managing your references
• Use bibliographic management software
• myUniHub > MyStudy > MyLibrary > Databases > R
• More information http://bit.ly/RefWorkshelp
Keeping in touch
• Librarian Blog http://wbllibrarian.blogspot.co.uk/
• Librarian Twitter https://twitter.com/WBLLibrarian
• Library Facebook Middlesex University Library
• Library Twitter http://twitter.com/MDXLibrary
• MDX App http://unihub.mdx.ac.uk/support/app/index.aspx
Need further help?
Ask a Librarian