1. How to set password protection for Kindle Fire
2. Kindle Fire is a great entertainment. People use the Kindle Fire to
share happiness with families and friends. But we don’t want to
share everything with others. Sometimes we need privacy. So it’s
necessary to set some protection for the Kindle Fire so that other
people could not approach your privacy.
There are two protections for the Kindle Fire: the screen lock
protection and the Parental Controls. The latter is very useful for
parents to protect their kids from browsing some bad websites
and purchasing unnecessary items.
3. 1. Screen lock protection
The Kindle Fire screen lock protection is much like the cellphone
screen lock. Go to setting menu and choose “Security” – “Lock
Screen Password”. Set any password you like. Then next time you
want to unlock the screen, you need to enter the password
4. 2. Parental Controls
With Parental Controls we can block some content of the Kindle
Fire so that other people can use them. Go to “Setting” – “Parental
Controls” and you will be asked to set a password. After that the
Parental Controls will be activated.
5. You can choose to block the web browser and set password for the
purchasing process. In this way other people could not surf the
Internet or buy any items with your Kindle Fire.
6. Not only the web browser but other content can be blocked too.
The blocked content will turn gray and you can’t open them.
7. The strictest protection is to disable the Wi-Fi connection. Enable
“Password Protect Wi-Fi” and turn off the Wi-Fi. Then the next time
other people connect the Kindle Fire to Wi-Fi, they will be asked to
enter the Parental Controls password.