Regional Director India!
Manages Acquia’s India
8 years in Drupal, 5+ in
Trainer, speaker, engineer,
consultant and troublemaker
Designs and conducts
Training programs on Drupal
and Acquia Products!
Over 20 years of Industry
experience, 7 years on
In past, worked on 200+
Over 7000 modules for D7!
Which ones to use?
Can Drupal do X?
This is the Title of the Video
Select a date
One morning, when Gregor Samsa
woke from troubled dreams, he
found himself transformed... More...
10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
0:00 / 4:59
Item Title 1
Item Title 2
Item Title 3
“There’s a module for that”
Take a “maintenance ﬁrst” approach to module selection
(last 4 weeks)?!
IRC, word of
in case studies and
Integrate with other
Modules in this Webinar
• Selected based on “most downloaded”
modules from Drupal.org/project/modules
• Excluded abstract, helper or API only modules
• Re-arranged and presented based on
functionality groups and ease of
This is not a scientiﬁc study and analysis of ‘top 10’
modules. We intend to peek through the most popular
Drupal modules and present whats possible with Drupal
• Build ad-hoc forms to collect data from users
• Display forms in blocks
• Get the form data emailed to speciﬁed users
• Download form data in CSV format
• Display custom conﬁrmation or ‘Thank you’
• Add media into any textarea
• Add ﬁelds to any type of media, eg. captions
on images and genres on audio.
• Flexible display ﬁlters for image
manipulation, audio & video players and
• Plugins to use remote media from sites like
YouTube, Flickr, ...
• Mass importing of ﬁles.
• Drag and drop upload
• An open source ( GPL ) and free front end
media solution. With a built in jQuery media
• HTML5 content delivery with dynamic Flash
fallback for non-standard media.
• A dynamic and integrated YouTube and
Vimeo player which the same presentation to
• Easily themable media player using jQuery-UI
• Extensive meta-tags supported, including
Open Graph tags (Facebook)
• Per-page meta tags for any supported entity,
or using Context, Panels or Views via
• Exportable default meta tag conﬁguration
• Extendable and ﬂexible API
Display a list of
most recent blog
Build a page
also sortable by
Build a photo
What we do
Choose base table!
• List pages of any type of entity - users,
nodes, terms etc
• Photo galleries, Media galleries
• RSS Feeds
• Downloads page
• Top X nodes / users / terms block
• Lots n lots more!
• Build landing pages with custom content and
• Build context aware pages - e.g. home page
for logged in users and anonymous users
• Modify layout of system generated pages
Take full control of content display
Customize layout of
viewed in different
Display a smaller
version of a content
page on home page,
slightly more info
on listing page and
full info on display
• Add / Modify / Delete any entity
• Events added by contributed modules, e.g.
Flag or Vote
• Comparing any property on the base entity
• Perform an action on the base entity
• Perform any system action
• Move your site conﬁgurations from database
to code making them easier to
• Move between environments
• Check-in in a version control system
• Distribute independently as ‘features’ and
re-use across diﬀerent sites
Win Acquia t-shirts
• Submit new webinar ideas.
Chosen ones get t-shirt
• Submit Drupal blog posts,
best of the month gets a tshirt