2. QUESTION 1 In what ways does your media product use,develop or challenge forms and convention of real media?
3. ANSWER 1 The other pictures that are placed on the front coverI believe my music magazine challenges real media forms and conventions. advertise other stories whichThe way my magazine looks, looks like a music magazine through the use of might appeal to a widermise-en-scene and the colours and stories that have been incorporated into range of audience.the magazine. I think the target audience I have set out to appeal to havebeen attracted through my magazine and I believe it would be something youwould find in a news agents. The magazine has a clear masthead so it stands out andMy magazine uses a lot of different therefore the readersmedia techniques to entice the would be attracted toreaders into buying my magazine as the magazine.they would be interested in the lookof the magazine and too see whatwould be enclosed inside. The flashes down the left hand side of my magazine show the other stories which again would entice the readers into picking up the magazine. The magazine also used Competitions might appeal to more people as the rule of third. they would be interested in what they could win.
4. QUESTION 2 How does your media productrepresent a particular social group?
5. ANSWER 2My media magazine represents social groups who would be interestedin listening to music and are interested in learning more aboutdifferent types of music. The music that is represented in mymagazine is music which would appeal more to people who are up todate with the music world and what the current music trend it. Thewould also have to be interested in my magazines type of music(indie/pop) as this is the majority of music enclosed inside.The social group would be able to find out more about themusic world and what music is the current “must have” throughthe use of the top 10 musical charts that I placed inside mymagazine. The audience would be able to try out new musicfrom the list inside and this might be able to change their mindsto music they hadn’t listened to before. The festivals and concerts would appeal to people who attend a lot of them in the year and who are interested in finding out who’s on and what’s the latest festival to go to.
6. QUESTION 3What kind of institution might distribute your media product and why?
7. ANSWER 3The type of media institution I think would be interested in distributing my mediamagazine would be one which has been linked to the music world through othermagazines that have been able to sell to the target audience im trying to appeal to. Ithink it would benefit both the magazine and the institution as the magazine would beadvertised in a way it would entice new readers in to buying it and therefor theproduct would be more successful. I think the institution which would best distribute my magazine would be Bauer media. They have a great portfolio of magazines which have had a major success in the grabbing the attention of their target audience. They have also had previous experience in distributing music magazines. Their experience would benefit my magazine because it would be distributed in a way that it would target my audience and I think they would be able to advertise it alongside the magazines they have already distributed.
8. QUESTION 4Who would be your target audience for your media product?
9. ANSWER 4I targeted my magazine to the audience of 16-25 yearolds who are interested in indie/pop magazine. I believeI have been able to target the audience that I wanted tothrough the use of the colours and stories which areincorporated inside the magazine.The different types of stories which have been added to mymagazine would appeal to the teenagers as they are somethingthey would enjoy reading. The festivals and concerts wouldattract more music audiences also there are other stories likethe embarrassing ones which would attract a wide range ofaudiences but would still be in the age range of 16-25.The target audience would be very much up to date with allthe new music trends and would be interested in learningabout new music which they might not have listened to inthe past but are interested and keen in listening to differenttypes.
10. QUESTION 5How did you attract/address your audience?
11. ANSWER 5The way in which I attracted my target audience was through theclever use of my colours and imagery to entice the readers intopicking up the magazine and looking at it.The bright bold colours stand out from the rest of the magazine.The writing is bold and the titles of the other stories inside are inbigger bolder writing and therefore stand out a lot more. Theywould attract my target audience as they are something theywould enjoy reading. The use of my pictures again would The flashes down the left hand side of the appeal to my magazine front cover advertise some of the readers as they are other stories which my target audience might of artist (Bruno be interested in reading. They also use the rule mars) who they of third and therefore while the magazine is sat would be interested on the shelf people will be able to clearly see in listening to and them and this would attract more readers, as would be interested they would grab their attention. in seeing what the story was that matched the photo.
12. QUESTION 6What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
13. ANSWER 6I have learnt a lot through the process of For my masthead I used fireworks to produce the writing.doing my magazine. I learnt different I think it stand out and looks professional and its not overprograms to use for different editing powering. The red first letter is something people willtechniques I learnt how to target my remember and look out for when buying the magazineaudience through the use of certainprograms and the way I edited everythingon my magazine. The main image of my magazine did have a background on it off a plain white wall. However when I added an effect on to the I tried out many different fonts and photo the wall turned a sizes of writing and different colours yellow colour which made and therefore I made a positive choice the magazine look less sleek of fonts and colours to use for my and professional. I took the magazine to target the target audience. background off the photo and placed the photo on the plain page with no background on it.
14. QUESTION 7Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
15. ANSWER 7From finishing my preliminary task and finishing my musicmagazine I feel I have improved dramatically. I think thetechniques I used in this magazine compared to the techniques Iused in my practice magazine have improved which allowed mymusic magazine too look more professional and sleeker looking.The photos I edited in my prelim task were not as creative anddidn’t really sit well on the page. The feedback I got from thismagazine was that it could have easily be improved however itwas pretty much the whole front cover that people didn’t reallylike. However now I have finished my music magazine peoplewho previously didn’t like my fashion magazine cover said howthey liked my music magazine front cover contents page anddouble page spread.The programs I used to edit my magazine and the specific thingsinside the magazine were the same as my preliminary task. The fact mymagazine looks better this time around is because I have familiarisedmyself with the programs so I know how to use them a little morethen I did in the practice task. I think the preliminary task helped meto improve on my magazine because I could see where I went wrongand what I needed to change I order to make my magazine the best itcould be.